This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ahh, customer service hotlines

Can't work with 'em, can't burn 'em to the ground for making SCs.

Old lady comes to the swamp looking for some kind of makeup produced by one of our makeup brands. Can't find it.

Old lady calls the 1-800 customer service number for this brand of makeup.

They tell her if she can't find the makeup she wants, we will gladly order it for her and notify her when it arrives! She has only to ask.

Old lady returns to the swamp to place her order.

We tell her we don't special-order products we don't carry.

Old lady insists she talked to the 1-800 number and they told her we would and they wouldn't lie to her and blah blah blah.

I am told old lady looks like she puts on her makeup with a bazooka, so why does it need to be just this kind of makeup when she goes for quantity over quality anyway?
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Old ladies around here are pretty particular about what they use/buy especially if it's something they've been using/buying for years.

Could be she's like that. Hell, my mom isn't even that old and sometimes I still hear the story about how revlon discontinued a lipstick color she loved so much... from over a decade ago lol XD.

Comment

Not just old ladies. Hell, it seems anytime they come out with a foundation that is actually light enough for me and agrees with my skintype, they discontinue it.
      You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

The Mall of Wart I worked had was the go-to Heroic Center for the rich elderly. My friend who worked HBA would describe some of the ladies that came in as, "People who could give clowns tips in applying makeup."

These were always the worst when their makeup type was discontinued! They'd make threats of never coming back, (please? pretty please with mascara on top?), suing, (hahahahahah), and getting their kids/lover/pool boy to come in and give 'em a lecture! (We'll also explain that an old lady doesn't need to wear lipstick that lights up a brightly lit room to them and see if they can convince her!)

I do admit, I used to get irked when they discontinued my preferred brand/type/color of makeup. I'm sensitive to something in some, and it was horribly hit or miss on the reactions. I could wear one hypoallergenic Revlon foundation, but a similar hypoallergenic foundation of that brand would break me out. Drove me batty as a teenager. Difference was, I never blamed the store employees. Geeze.
        If I make no sense, I apologize. I'm constantly interrupted by an actual toddler.

Comment

No kidding. A store employee isn't responsible for what they sell or don't sell.

I just got myself a Macy's card a while back for my special skin care and makeup needs. It seems only Estee Lauder and Lancome actually have foundation for fair skinned people that actually goes on the same color as it appears, and isn't awful yellow or orange, and doesn't go on extremely wet and goopy or extremely dry and flakey.
          You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth Slayer View Post
            Could be she's like that. Hell, my mom isn't even that old and sometimes I still hear the story about how revlon discontinued a lipstick color she loved so much... from over a decade ago lol XD.
            Ok, I admit to doing that as well, only about my favourite perfume that was discontinued ever so many years ago.

Quoth raudf View Post

My friend who worked HBA would describe some of the ladies that came in as, "People who could give clowns tips in applying makeup."

These were always the worst when their makeup type was discontinued!
            I do admit,
            Anyone remember Tammy Faye Baker? She could be poster child for this thread.

Rule of thumb, never get too deeply attached to any product, it's bound to be discontinued - whether it's the ice cream flavour you discovered you love, the perfect grocery product for fixing dinner, or the right make up shade for your skin, sooner or later, it's gone.

I never have been deeply into make up - wore the "trendy" stuff in high school, wore "business look" make up back when I had to wear business skirts & jackets and all that. Now only wear it to dress up.

But some people, wow. It always seemed to me that southern women were the worst, at least that I encountered (no offense, I was born in Ga myself). I remember one girl I worked with back in my clerical days who had been married for at least a year, and made a comment once that her husband had never seen her without makep She wore it to bed, and got up before he woke up to re-apply it. I'd hate to see her skin today.....

Madness takes it's toll....
            Please have exact change ready.

Comment

Quoth Slayer View Post
              Some of us younger women are like that too. I'm still hoping I can find that shade of lipstick I wore for close to 20 years (Max Factor in Sterling Mauve.)

I've tried several other shades but to be honest, that one was always my favorite.
              Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Quoth Merriweather View Post
                Anyone remember Tammy Faye Baker? She could be poster child for this thread.
                Why, yes. I keep little publicity photos of her on the ground in the kitchen, pantry, and anywhere else food's gonna be. That's why I don't have a roach problem

One thing I was wondering about her, anyway...Ya know how, when you see one of those poofy little yappy all-fur-and-no-brains dogs, sometimes you wonder if they would be reduced to just a pair of eyeballs and a tuft of fur if you got them wet? Would something similar happen to TF if you hosed off all of her makeup? Would she just be a skull with eyes under there? >_>
                "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
                  One thing I was wondering about her, anyway...Ya know how, when you see one of those poofy little yappy all-fur-and-no-brains dogs, sometimes you wonder if they would be reduced to just a pair of eyeballs and a tuft of fur if you got them wet? Would something similar happen to TF if you hosed off all of her makeup? Would she just be a skull with eyes under there? >_>
                  Would you be thinking of Fizzgig from the Dark Crystal?
                  "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth blas View Post
                    Not just old ladies. Hell, it seems anytime they come out with a foundation that is actually light enough for me and agrees with my skintype, they discontinue it.
                    The moment I say to myself, "Boy, I really like this new (product, food item, or TV show)," it is doomed. Or worse, they will 'improve' it.

And the moment I say to myself "This new (product, food item, or TV show) really SUCKS," I guarantee that it will be a smash success Or worse, they will 'improve' it.

Comment

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
                      Would you be thinking of Fizzgig from the Dark Crystal?
                      Well, Fizzgig would be reduced to eyeballs and JAWS ^_^ Dammit, now that's one more thing I need to consider bugging our local crafty peeps about making for me once I have money.

I love that movie

~ 'I don't have wings.'
                      'Of course not. You're a boy!' ~
                      "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                      "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                      "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                      "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                      "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)

Comment

Quoth ADeMartino View Post
                        The moment I say to myself, "Boy, I really like this new (product, food item, or TV show)," it is doomed. Or worse, they will 'improve' it.

And the moment I say to myself "This new (product, food item, or TV show) really SUCKS," I guarantee that it will be a smash success Or worse, they will 'improve' it.
                        The best thing to do is keep your mouth shut and not tempt the gods.
                        Labor boards have info on local laws for free
                        HR believes the first person in the door
                        Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
                        Document everything
                        CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

Quoth wagegoth View Post
                          The best thing to do is keep your mouth shut and not tempt the gods.
                          I have found that I don't even have to say anything. The powers that be just seem to know.

Comment

Quoth wagegoth View Post
                            and not tempt the gods.
                            "Tempt not the gods...for they are prone to boredom and full of bad ideas..."

That reminds me of a house rule that has applied in every gaming group I've ever attended (tho the players seem to mention it more often when I run a game )..."Don't give the GM any ideas!"

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
                              "Tempt not the gods...for they are prone to boredom and full of bad ideas..."
                              "On the Diskworld, the Gods are not so much worshipped as blamed."
                              "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Working...
                              X