This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I refuse to eat it, so I will not gain it's power

This one happened way back when I first started working at the chicken store. I was alone on front register and drive-thru again because my managers either appreciated that I'm a multitasker or they were just horrible people. Running back and forth all the time from register to register is not fun. It was coming up close to closing, and I was trying to sweep and get things finished on front line when a drunken guy comes in.

He marched up to the register, stopped about five feet away, and began a tirade. I couldn't tell if he was drunk because of his voice, but when you smell someone from that far away---yeah. It was bad. There was a woman behind him, hovering like a bumblebee. She looked nervous.

"I bought some liver from y'all and it was disgusting!" he says. I know this complaint was common. Liver wasn't something we could make up fresh all day long because it rarely sold, so we'd often either make it fresh when people ordered it (and waited) or we'd end up with a lazy pack person who forgot to change it out when it expired and sold it regardless. This was the latter case.

I tried to apologize to the guy, but he kept talking over me and getting louder. Right as I was thinking on what to do our manager comes out and stops him in his tracks. She tells him to lower his voice, please, offers him a refund, and then asks him what he did with the livers. (We had to get items back on account of other incidents that were disgusting. Once a fellow found a caterpillar in his green beans. That food we sent back to Allen's for quality concern. I felt terrible for that guy.)

"I threw 'em up on yer roof!" he yells. There was a bit of confusion---he made it sound like a joke---but then it turns out he really DID throw the whole container on the roof edge. After a bit more yelling he took off without getting a refund or anything else, which was weird. We had to get out the ladder and check, and lo and behold, there was a pint container up there full of livers. One of the idiot coworkers I had offered to taste them to see if they were fine (YUCK).

Clearly this drunk was not absorbing the power of the liver.

Bwah? He threw the container...up on the roof? That is...there is no words. How...why..you know what..don't want to know. Disturbed is not a large enough word for that.
    Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

To be fair, the roof on that particular restaurant could have been reached with some drunken brilliance such as stand on a car hood or roof, and giving one good throw. It was sloped downward and the pint container caught on the lip of the shingles.

Comment

See, when I read "I threw 'em up on your roof" I envisioned him eating them, making his way on to your roof, and vomiting.

As bad as yours is, I feel like mine would have been much worse!
        Now, I'd like to digress from my prepared remarks to discuss how I invented the terlet...

Comment

That might explain the how..but still not the why. Of course attempting to understand the static that is SC 'logic' is the road to madness.

Offtopic...cause I just gotta...

Madness? This is CS!!!

Ok .. got that out of my system..you may now throw tomatoes at me.
          Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Quoth veniteangeli View Post
            See, when I read "I threw 'em up on your roof" I envisioned him eating them, making his way on to your roof, and vomiting.
            If he'd managed to do that, I would have applauded his effort. Most rednecks just aren't that ambitious, much less that flexible. Fortunately, most of the SCs that did vomit in the store did so in a easily clean-up area (tile floor bathroom).

'Course, no one else had the stomach to throw down Comet on the wine cooler fiasco, or hose down the parking lot every now and then. I felt like I was on constant puke patrol.

Comment

well at least he didn't expect a refund for that
              and now i know why his woman was embarrassed.

Comment

I still can't get past where a coworker offered to taste it. Blech.
                A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Quoth IamEmancipated View Post
                  Once a fellow found a caterpillar in his green beans. That food we sent back to Allen's for quality concern. I felt terrible for that guy.

feeling the way I do about most of humanity....I feel terrible for the caterpillar....
                  Honestly.... the image of that in my head made me go "AWESOME!"..... and then I remembered I am terribly strange.-Red dazes

Comment

Caterpillar

That guy, oh man, he didn't accept a refund or replacement either. He just walked up to the register with his plate and said, "That's not a green bean." I look down and in the few seconds I registered it was a green caterpillar, I was like OH MY. I totally understand why he wouldn't want new food, but I would have totally given him a refund. Bugs get into food on occasion, I know.

Regarding the coworker who offered to taste it? Brilliant person, I swear he could have made a run for the Darwin Awards if he had the spirit. He drove a Mustang with a sliding door lock on the driver's side door to keep it closed and once smoked a reefer made of lawn clippings off some dude's mower. The asst manager told him "I can get you a 20 lb bag of grass for 15 bucks down at Rural King!"

Comment

Regarding the coworker who offered to taste it? Brilliant person, I swear he could have made a run for the Darwin Awards if he had the spirit. He drove a Mustang with a sliding door lock on the driver's side door to keep it closed and once smoked a reefer made of lawn clippings off some dude's mower. The asst manager told him "I can get you a 20 lb bag of grass for 15 bucks down at Rural King!"
                      How does that even work?

Comment

He ... once smoked a reefer made of lawn clippings off some dude's mower. The asst manager told him "I can get you a 20 lb bag of grass for 15 bucks down at Rural King!"
                        I to think I've just been dumping the grass clippings out back. Maybe I should offer them to Rural King at wholesale prices?
                        "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
                          I to think I've just been dumping the grass clippings out back. Maybe I should offer them to Rural King at wholesale prices?
                          He thought he was buying weed off some guy he'd never dealt with before. It didn't even smell like weed. I think the asst manager was referring to the grass seed they sell, so... It was funny though.

The sliding door lock was the same kind you see on a bathroom stall. His door had been replaced and as such it didn't latch properly due to redneck repairs.

Comment

*cough* I admit that in winter, the driver's door on my old car would freeze in the open position until the car thoroughly warmed up. The latch wouldn't snap shut. Best way to warm up the car was to drive it, sooooo I'd tie the door shut using the seatbelt and drive to work that way. Good times. I still miss that car too.
                            A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Working...
                            X