Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They always say they didn't know it was there and don't want it. They know.

Only exception to this I have seen is when they put it up and SAY they put stuff in it for easier carrying. I do this myself. I get a bunch of totes I make sure they get separated to check for stuff between. Someone may have put something in and got cold feet. I had a cashier try to make me stop checking saying it's fine, she didn't think I hid anything. I had to point out I didn't check when I grabbed the stack and wanted to make sure for both of us.
    GFY

Comment

Good for Nate, but it seems to me that the sucktomer could not have gotten away with it anyway. I mean, wouldn't her attempt to exit the store with unscanned merchandise have triggered the theft alarm?

Comment

In theory, but I have never seen anyone actually search merchandise when the alarm goes off. I myself have triggered it a number of times as a regular customer. It was a book from the library of course, but even the LP standing nearby just waived me on without bothering to check.

Comment

Our local Walmart no longer has greeters, who used to serve as receipt checkers and a type of theft prevention. Unless LP saw her shenanigans from the cameras above, no one would stop her when the alarms when off. The door alarm is a joke.
          A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Quoth Cat Herder View Post
            Good for Nate, but it seems to me that the sucktomer could not have gotten away with it anyway. I mean, wouldn't her attempt to exit the store with unscanned merchandise have triggered the theft alarm?

Door alarms are worthless without LP people watching cameras and being in position to make an apprehension. The regular floor workers and cashiers aren't allowed to chase after people for setting off the EAS pedestals. In my store's case, all they can do is hope the person who set off the alarm is honest and comes back inside to have a tag deactivated.

And even if we do have LP in the building, it's usually the sharply-dressed woman who avoids foot chases like the plague because she'd have to go clop-clop-clopping after the thieves in her high heels and might get a run in her stockings. There's another guy, but I don't know if he's allowed to do apprehensions solo yet.

Why yes, I do work for a store that has a reputation locally for being stupid easy to steal from. Why do you ask?
            Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Working...
            X