Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A high one over the center field wall...... (at bit long and drawn out)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

to answer some of you on one issue: banning a customer is a MORTAL sin for my company/franchise. a customer could be a chronic complainer and scammer ie. snappy about every single order and then get loads of frees shit and the company would happily take it up the brown dirt road with no lube and moan with pleasure convincingly.

very few major and minor pizza companies these days will outright ban a customer these days. 1,. because they are really really scared of "bad PR on the interwebies" and 2. the fear of some sort of discrimination lawsuit (ya know the race card that has no meaning or some other meaningless card being pulled)

we are not sure what drove this customer over the edge. normally he is a nice well mannered person who tips well.
    Last edited by Racket_Man; 04-16-2012, 07:57 AM.
    I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
    -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

We can't ban customers either unless the police get involved. So many people SM wishes we could ban on principle (the old woman who stinks to high heaven and brings in filthy cans she's picked from people's recycle bins, a few self-scan scammers and overall assholes), but there's no real way to enforce a ban unless someone is watching the door cameras all the time.
      "I am quite confident that I do exist."
      "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Quoth Rainman View Post
        I also can never understand why customers like that will just blow up over simple human error.
        I can think of one possible explanation -- I know that, for years (if not decades) now, there have been books and videos and websites whose only purpose is apparently to teach people how to be SC's in this fashion. Essentially, the takeaway from their "lessons on how to get treated properly at a store" comes out as "be a complete ass to the people helping you until they get to tired to actually do their jobs/enforce policy and cave to your whim" >_<

Quoth Racket_Man View Post
        (ya know the race card that has no meaning or some other meaningless card being pulled)
        I loved it when customers at DaddyJim's pizza would try to pull such a card on us when we refused to deliver to them because they were outside of our delivery area...when they had placed an order either online or on the phone, thus making it physically impossible for us to see what they look like

**The More You Know** ~~ Just so ya know...While it may not be universal, back at DJ's pizza, our delivery areas were defined by CONTRACT, and generally, matched up with ZIP codes. If you weren't on our map, we didn't go there. Why? Because doing so would breach our contract and risk losing out franchisee license! ... Meaning, no more store, no more jobs for any of us. Ain't happening. I will grant that companies other than Dots-on-a-Rectangle Pizza wil choose ZIP codes that keep us out of areas where we're likely to get shot at, a contract is still a contract. It doesn't matter if we're a little closer to you than the store that DOES go to your street...We're not allowed.

Dots~~ pizza, OTOH, is notorious as being something of a last resort for pizza drivers desperate for a job, as they will deliver ANYWHERE.
        Last edited by EricKei; 04-17-2012, 06:13 PM. Reason: Department of redundancy department
        "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
        "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
        "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
        "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
        "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
        "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
        Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
        "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth Merriweather View Post
          Why is it that companies bend over backwards to keep this type of customer?
          It's not so much the company 'bending over backwards' to keep a customer like this, it's more of a 'I don't want to deal with this shit' mentality on the part of somebody in the corporate offices. If a store has to eat a big order like this, it means absolutely nothing to them personally. They get paid either way. So, rather than listen to some bozo whining about missing breadsticks, it's much easier just to tell the store manager to kiss the customer's ass.

Comment

Working...
          X