This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth sylvier View Post
    Our customers run along these lines - asking about the fat and calorie content in our bran mufffins, then deciding they'll have a cinnamon bun
    Wow....
    I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
    Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
    Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

What made me laugh when i worked at a buffet restaurant were the ones who ordered large glasses of diet coke to go with their piled-high plates of pizza and lasagna, because they're on a diet and they're watching their calorie intake
      there's some people with issues that medication, therapy or a baseball bat just can't cure

Comment

Quoth AyreBiskits View Post
        What made me laugh when i worked at a buffet restaurant were the ones who ordered large glasses of diet coke to go with their piled-high plates of pizza and lasagna, because they're on a diet and they're watching their calorie intake
        Does seem funny but for some of us, the regular drinks taste too sweet (not to mention flat). I guess I'm just so used to diet after drinking them for close to 30 years now.
        Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

And a diet drink is 0 weight watchers points as opposed to 4

Comment

Ugh, reminds me of the time I was in the supermarket checkout line with my Diet Coke. A woman got in the queue behind me, looked my overweight form up and down, and said "You know it's not helping."

Sadly I was silenced by her rudeness and couldn't object that I actually prefer the taste of died drinks and hate the taste of original Coke.
            "Bring me knitting!" (The Doctor - not the one you were expecting)

Comment

Quoth sprocket79 View Post
              I agree with Food Lady. I think the Weight Watchers woman's heart was in the right place. I'm following WW and I've actually had people who work at restaurants ask me how many points some things are. They view it as a selling point.
              That's quite a turnaround from just a few years ago, when the state (California or New York, I forget) passed the law requiring restaurants to list the calorie count for each dish on their menus. People were outraged, accusing the government of trying to control what they eat. The same thing happened when they banned trans-fats, which are quite unhealthy, but apparently not as unhealthy as the nazi-like government trying to bend the citizens to its will

I guess when people feel like they're being told what to do (even if they aren't), their first instinct is to rebel against it.

Comment

Quoth KatherineB View Post
                Ugh, reminds me of the time I was in the supermarket checkout line with my Diet Coke. A woman got in the queue behind me, looked my overweight form up and down, and said "You know it's not helping."

Sadly I was silenced by her rudeness and couldn't object that I actually prefer the taste of died drinks and hate the taste of original Coke.
                Although I'm saddened that you had to deal with that rudeness, I had to laugh that you "prefer the taste of died drinks"

Comment

Quoth Teefies2 View Post
                  Although I'm saddened that you had to deal with that rudeness, I had to laugh that you "prefer the taste of died drinks"
                  Of course they'er died drinks. They have caramel coloring in them.
                  "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth AyreBiskits View Post
                    I have diet drinks no mater what I'm eating, be it healthy or a total splurge out, cause all that sugar in a regular drink just makes me feel sorta sick - I can tolerate a certain amount of sugar in food, but my body doesn't like it in what I drink for some reason.

Madness takes it's toll....
                    Please have exact change ready.

Comment

I my case, I have a diet drink no matter what else I'm eating. There's a good reason for this. I'm diabetic. I once laughed at a woman who had a plate full of food, and a big steak, and a diet coke. After I became diabetic, I realized she may well have been one herself. A person getting normal food and a diet drink was no longer a funny joke anymore. It was my life.
                      Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Over the years, I have found that when I am accustomed to drinking non-diet sodas, diet sodas taste very chemical and awful. However, when I am accustomed to drinking diet sodas, non-diet sodas taste way too syrupy and sweet. I switched to and stayed with diet sodas long before being diagnosed with diabetes.
                        "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth thehuckster View Post
                          That's very true. I was eating a steak and someone pointed out that it might give me heart disease and shouldn't eat any red meat. I just looked at her and said, "I'd rather die young and happy than old and cranky."
                          I was once eating some Jack in the Box at work. Some old hippie (He was in full uniform, tie dye, beard, headband, soaked in patchouli, and sandals) says to me "You are what you eat.".

My carriage wit response was "What am I to infer from the fact that you are a total dick?".

My real response was "whatever".

Comment

I just don't like artificial sweeteners, except in gum for some reason. I'd prefer to drink water than to drink a diet soda. It's just my own personal preference. If I drink soda these days it's usually in small quantities, and only a couple of times a week, but it's not diet. It think it's lack of exercise that causes me to be overweight, and I make some other poor diet choices.
                            "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

Quoth sprocket79 View Post
                              BTW, there is non-dairy "yogurt." I get it all the time. There's a brand called Wow Cow that a lot of frozen yogurt places serve. It's not officially called yogurt, it's considered a soft serve, but it's pretty much the consistency of frozen yogurt and tastes almost exactly the same.
                              Unfortunately it has whey in it, so if you're allergic to milk protein like my daughter, it doesn't help. (It is kosher, though.)

We've been buying her Silk soy-based pseudo-yoghurt. She likes it; I can't even stand the smell of it, much less tasted it. (Though I'm not all that fond of real yoghurt myself, and there's a rule in my house: no coffee yoghurt allowed, because the smell makes me wanna hurl. Reminds me of coffee with spoiled milk in it.)

Incidentally, I've been meaning to post in OT, if anyone needs gluten-free cakes etc. and lives near a Jewish neighborhood, now's the time to grab them. It's after Passover, and the stores are clearing out the merchandise. Anything that says "Shehakol" (שֶׁהַכֹּל) or "Non-Gebroktz", or variations on the same, are gluten-free.

Comment

The Weight Watchers people have access to the "points" system on apps on their phones, and booklets that have just about every fast food or restaurant you can think of and the point systems on it. My coworker doesn't have a fancy phone, so she has the booklet.
                                You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Working...
                                X