Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And that is why I make medieval and renaissance garments instead ... [and it is amazing how expensive *that* can get!]

Which reminds me, I probably need to get to work on making some Christmas presents soon, I need to whip off a selection of cross stitch bookmarks. One of my least favorite things to make, but oddly popular with recipients. Maybe Ill crank out a couple dozen to place with a buddy who dies craft sales in November.

[We have been going through boxes looking for a missing power supply to an old laptop and disgorging craft supplies right and left. Amazing how much stuff you can collect and lose in a small space!]
    EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Most of the licensed fabric will say on the selvedge "For noncommercial home use only".

Man if Disney is so sue-happy Etsy will keep them busy for YEARS.
      https://purplefish-quilting.square.site/

Comment

Quoth Kanalah View Post
        Man if Disney is so sue-happy Etsy will keep them busy for YEARS.
        They probably already HAVE been happy about it.

I remember I once spoke with their legal dept about someone using their images, and the legal guy on the line literally GIGGLED when I told him where. I swore to myself at that point to never, EVER use disney images. Ever. Anywhere. Even in my home. :P
        By popular request....I am now officially the Enemy of Normalcy.

"What is unobtainium? To Seraph, it's a normal client. :P" -- Observant Friend

Comment

Quoth Shalom View Post
          There has to be some kind of legal verbiage included somewhere on or in the machine's packaging regarding the licensing of the images, telling what you can and can't do with them. I wonder how many people who would otherwise have bought the things, if they knew about the restrictions, would leave them on the shelf instead.

Not to mention, I seem to remember a ruling (regarding computer software, but the concept's the same) that an EULA that's inside the package so you can't see it until you open the package isn't enforceable. At the least, if they buy the machine and decide that they don't want it because they don't or can't agree to the licensing terms, they should be allowed to return it for a full refund.
          I don't think it applies on the Disney embroidery machines, because it also has non-Disney images, plus you can buy other images, plus you can actually sew with it as well. So I'm sure that's how they get out of that one, with the argument it's still perfectly usable even without the Disney designs.

Madness takes it's toll....
          Please have exact change ready.

Comment

My Brother is a graphics/computer animation designer, who went to work for a company that put college logos on everything from hankies to bike seats, and who eventually lost his job when the company was shut down for never buying the licensing rights to put anyone's logo on anything....

Even more scummy, the guy who owned the company KNEW he didn't have the license but told his employees he did

Naturally he got caught eventually and everyone got laid off, luckily only he had to pay the fines.
            - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

Working...
            X