Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've helped little kids with change. And sometimes I am generous to help out some adults. If its a penny I let it slide. Then again, I don't get tipped. Left over change gets put in a donation jar. It has a lid and its taped, thankfully.

Comment

I just had this random image of Jester, in his bar, with a jar behind him on the wall. It looks like it has preservative fluid in it, and a severed hand. It can be a fake one, so long as it looks real.

Label on the jar: "TIP THIEF."

Just as a warning measure.

But it would probably interfere with the decor somehow.
      PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Quoth DeltaSierra View Post
        Idjits.

I admit - I've taken money from a tip jar to get change - but in return I LEFT more than I took - in my case I needed 2 cents - I took 2 pennies, and left a twoonie
        I've done that too, but always ask first and show whatever I'm adding in its place. Some customers will tell me to keep the change if it's only a few pennies, and I'll keep that on top of the printer to draw from for non-SCs who are three cents short and don't want a handful of coins.
        "I am quite confident that I do exist."
        "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

This reminds me of the Seinfeld episode where George would always tip the calzone guy seconds after he turned his back... therefore not seeing George had left a tip. Guy gave him a dirty look like he was a cheapskate for never tipping. So, George dropped in a nice big tip and, as usual, guy turns around again. George went to grab the tip he just put in so he could get the "credit" for tipping. Naturally, THIS is when the guy turned around and caught him "stealing" the tip.

Of course, these jerks actually ARE stealing, but the thread made me think of it anyway. I've occasionally THOUGHT about *making* change in there (as in, I'm putting in MORE than taking out), but I've always decided it wouldn't be a good idea.

Comment

Quoth Moon View Post
            This reminds me of the Seinfeld episode where George would always tip the calzone guy seconds after he turned his back... therefore not seeing George had left a tip. Guy gave him a dirty look like he was a cheapskate for never tipping. So, George dropped in a nice big tip and, as usual, guy turns around again. George went to grab the tip he just put in so he could get the "credit" for tipping. Naturally, THIS is when the guy turned around and caught him "stealing" the tip.

Of course, these jerks actually ARE stealing, but the thread made me think of it anyway. I've occasionally THOUGHT about *making* change in there (as in, I'm putting in MORE than taking out), but I've always decided it wouldn't be a good idea.
            LOL...one of my favorite epidodes. Pure awesomeness.

Comment

Well, it happened AGAIN tonight! I have been working here almost four months without a single tip jar incident, and now it's happened twice in the last three days! The warmer weather must bring out the jerks.

As a rule, when it's busy we have one server per group of customers. Tonight a man came in with his two teenage daughters and I ended up serving them. I took the girls' orders first, and while I was working on that the idiot dad (ID) called out to my coworker, who was about to help the next group.

ID: Excuse me, I'd like to order.
              CW: Are you in the group she's helping? (gestures at me) Because if you are...
              ID: I'd like a small peach with toppings...

Okay, whatever. I help the girls, my coworker helps the dad. I take all three at the register. It turns out they are nine cents short.

Daughter #1: I have ten cents in the car. I'll go get it.
              ID (reaching into the tip jar): Why don't we just get it from here?
              Daughter #2: Daddy, no!

Daughter #1 runs out to the car, comes back and hands me the dime. Then they leave. The girls must take after their mother.

Comment

Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post
                I just had this random image of Jester, in his bar, with a jar behind him on the wall. It looks like it has fluid in it, and a severed hand. It can be a fake one, so long as it looks real.

Label on the jar: "TIP THIEF."

Just as a warning measure.

But it would probably interfere with the decor somehow.
                Well, we are kind of a pirate bar, so that might actually work.

"Here be what happens to they that dare steal our rightly-gained booty." Or some such. (It's morning, and the creative juices are still napping.)

The problem is there really is no wall behind the bar per se, as the bar is a 360 degree one, as in it goes all the way around a center island, where the beer taps and other things are located.

Happily, the tip jar is one of those "other things" on the center island, thus completely out of reach out of the customers.

I think I mentioned how much it is discouraged for people to actually come behind the bar....

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                  Well, we are kind of a pirate bar, so that might actually work.

"Here be what happens to they that dare steal our rightly-gained booty." Or some such. (It's morning, and the creative juices are still napping.)

The problem is there really is no wall behind the bar per se, as the bar is a 360 degree one, as in it goes all the way around a center island, where the beer taps and other things are located.

Happily, the tip jar is one of those "other things" on the center island, thus completely out of reach out of the customers.

I think I mentioned how much it is discouraged for people to actually come behind the bar....

Ah, well, it was a nice thought. And at least you do have the Tip Jar out of reach and fiercely defend yer piratey territory, arr avast et cetera.

But yeah, I figured you'd like the idea regardless.

PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Well, if it's a pirate bar, you could always put use a wrist/lower arm with a hook attached to it...>_>
                    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                      Having it suspended in mid-air might be more effective. Especially if it glows.
                      "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

[QUOTE=Jester;
                        ("And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to steal from and defile my tip jar. And you will know my name is The Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.")

I think this is the first Pulp Fiction quote I've seen on the boards. First date with my husband was this movie. One of our favorite movies still.
                        Is it really SO hard to listen to the prompts?

Comment

How is that even possible? I mean, with all the movie quotes and other references we as a board make....?

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                          Still A Customer."

Comment

Working...
                          X