This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That poor woman

Keep us updated if the "friends" come back or anything.

Comment

Oh my What terrible behaviour, both the so-called "friends" and the rest of the SC's. My condolences to you & your co-workers for going through this.
      Ne auderis delere orbem rigidum meum! - Don't you dare erase my hard disk!

This is Tech Support, not Customer Service.
      What's the difference?
      We're allowed to tell you "no".

Comment

Quoth Seshat View Post
        If the lady who called the ambulance comes in, tell her that complete strangers on the internet think she's a fantastic person, and are honoured to live on the same planet as she.

As for the 'friends' ... well. At least the woman who died had a real friend with her at the end. The complete stranger who called the ambulance was a true friend, even if they didn't even know each other's names.
        All this....quoted for truth.

Comment

There's not much I can really tell in terms of an update. All I can really say is that I haven't seen the ladies friends since. However I only work one or two days a week, so it is possible they have returned. As for the lady who called the ambulance, as bad as it sounds, I don't think I would recognise her if I saw her again. I only recall getting a fleeting glance at her as we tried to sort the situation out.

The pub reopened the next day. We have been told by the authorities that there was nothing that we could have done that would have made any difference for the poor lady

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post
            i only hope they hate themselves once they find out
            I'd like to think so, but as a few others have already commented I'm sure they'll just flip it so that somehow it's the staff's fault for not making it VERY VERY CLEAR that the woman was in serious trouble ...

Comment

Horrible, just horrible. I actually had a similar experience, although it was the apathy of my co workers that astounded me. When I was working at a car wash years ago there was a huge car accident (car flipped over and rolled) right in front of the wash. There were 4 of us having a smoke before leaving for the day and when the accident happened, one of my co workers, a few guys from the Bell Tire next door and myself sprinted out into the street to do. . . shit, something, anything, ya know? An off duty EMT just driving by took charge and we were trying to pry open the drivers side door to get this woman out who was just hanging upside down. We were yelling for help but my other two co-workers just stood there and kept smoking, even said they would come over when they were done!!! That poor young lady didn't make it either How some people can care so much about a stranger and how some can care so little. . .

Comment

Quoth Seshat View Post
                If the lady who called the ambulance comes in, tell her that complete strangers on the internet think she's a fantastic person, and are honoured to live on the same planet as she.

As for the 'friends' ... well. At least the woman who died had a real friend with her at the end. The complete stranger who called the ambulance was a true friend, even if they didn't even know each other's names.

Quoth customersruinmylife View Post
                The pub reopened the next day. We have been told by the authorities that there was nothing that we could have done that would have made any difference for the poor lady
                I would bet that the SCs would strongly believe otherwise, believing that you have some magical machine that can resurrect anyone and that you're capable of bending time and space to bring her back.

If her family comes in, I'd make sure to tell them what really happened.
                The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

I agree. The person who called the ambulance, then reported the woman to the staff, did precisely the right thing. She should be congratulated.

The false friends, or is it fair-weather, that were her drinking buddies should be ashamed of themselves. Not that they could've cured her, but that they were so cold and selfish.
                  Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

I just hope the "friends" lies to the family are such as to cause them to come to the pub or sue the pub so that the poor woman's family WILL see the videos showing how these "sucky friends" behaved for real.

The worse to me is if the family goes on believing these people were really friends of the woman.

Comment

Working...
                    X