This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This should be interesting

In case you missed my last post, a brief update on me: I quit as a full time employee to be a full time dad. I'm working freelance now with my former company and a few different companies on nights and weekends and when I can find a babysitter.

Anyways, my old boss calls me and says he's got a two week evening job if I'm interested. It's with my old buddy, Nancy. This is a woman that I was literally ready to kill at one point. I did an epically horrific job with her a few years ago (here's the link of that post if you're interested). On a bitchiness scale of 1 to 10, Nancy is a 10 most days, (she hit a 2,659 on that legendary job), but on a good day, she's just a total unreasonable bitch who hits 10 without a second thought.

I worked for her once after that job and she acted like nothing had ever happened, like she wasn't my mortal enemy. At that time, I cared about my job, so I let her be a bitch, but now, I'm a freelancer, I've got other options. I've let Ed know that much. I'm not going there with the direct intention of extracting revenge for that job, but I will not take any shit from her. If she's too stupid to give proper instructions, if she's going to treat me like dirt when I don't follow instructions that weren't given, I'm giving it to her. My rehearsed reply to her is along the lines of "you can shove that attitude up your ass, you didn't fucking tell me that, give proper fucking instructions dumbass" and I'll let the chips fall where they may from there. I'm expecting anything from getting kicked off the jobsite to a snap out of her bitchiness because someone didn't buy her bullying (I can dream can't I ).

Like I said, I'm not going there for the purpose of telling her off, but I will not put up with her shit. I'm anxious to see how this works out.
    D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
    Quoth = Crossbow "EvilHomer, Irv, Gravekeeper, and Seraph: the Four Horsemen of the Dumbpocalypse."

Two more lines for you to practice.

Show me the paper work for that.
    Where is that in writing?

Good luck. I'll be waiting patiently for the follow up.
    Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
    Save the Ales!
    Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

Oooh, I'm liking this already.

PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Thats just plain EVIL-homer leaving us this cliffhanger can't wait
        “The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.”
        ― Bertrand Russell

Comment

Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post
          MOD SNIP
          Completely OT but: I **love** this thing.
          Last edited by Dave1982; 04-17-2012, 12:18 AM. Reason: excessive quoting

Comment

Eagerly awaiting the update!

Comment

Quoth morgana View Post

I will gladly third this!

Comment

Quoth evilhomer View Post
                Anyways, my old boss calls me and says he's got a two week evening job if I'm interested. It's with my old buddy, Nancy. This is a woman that I was literally ready to kill at one point. I did an epically horrific job with her a few years ago (here's the link of that post if you're interested).
                That harridan still has a job after the fiasco she orchestrated?! Thousands of competent, sensible people looking for jobs and incompetent psychos still manage to retain theirs. There is no justice in this world.

If you take the job, document the hell out of everything. Record every conversation if it's legal to do so; if not, write everything down and have her initial it. CYA. And if she gives you hell, give it right back with both barrels.

Good luck.
                I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                My LiveJournal
                A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Love the gif, but don't get your hopes up too high. Apparently she's not running the job and hopefully I'm just going to be a menial labourer as opposed to a supervisor. I imagine we'll cross paths but there won't be much of the miscommunication from the last job due to my lack of psychic abilities.

XCashier, if I had my say, she would have literally been thrown out on her ass. I imagine she covered herself by just blaming the whole fiasco on me. I explained the whole thing to my boss so he was clear, but I couldn't get in on any client meetings to have my say there.

On this job, I couldn't give a rodent's rectum. I'm a worker, not an employee, not a supervisor. Plus she's not running the job.
                  D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
                  Quoth = Crossbow "EvilHomer, Irv, Gravekeeper, and Seraph: the Four Horsemen of the Dumbpocalypse."

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
                    That harridan still has a job after the fiasco she orchestrated?! Thousands of competent, sensible people looking for jobs and incompetent psychos still manage to retain theirs. There is no justice in this world.

If you take the job, document the hell out of everything. Record every conversation if it's legal to do so; if not, write everything down and have her initial it. CYA. And if she gives you hell, give it right back with both barrels.

Good luck.
                    Absolutely perfect observation and advice!

XCashier, if I had my say, she would have literally been thrown out on her ass. I imagine she covered herself by just blaming the whole fiasco on me. I explained the whole thing to my boss so he was clear, but I couldn't get in on any client meetings to have my say there.

On this job, I couldn't give a rodent's rectum. I'm a worker, not an employee, not a supervisor. Plus she's not running the job.
                    This has the potential to be epic. Eagerly awaiting further updates!

How's the family BTW?

Comment

Quoth morgana View Post
                      Quoth HiddenMica View Post
                      I will gladly third this!
                      Love the gif
                      I'm glad it amuses. I forget where I originally saw it, but it's one of those gifs that perfectly summarizes my hopes for juicy updates--

but don't get your hopes up too high.
                      .............bah.

BAH, I SAY! I SHAKE MY FIST AT YOU.

I can hope for updates if I want.
                      PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Quoth eltf177 View Post
                        How's the family BTW?
                        The little one is doing great, she's 2 and a couple of months now, ridiculously cute, and apparently determined to drive daddy insane.

I'm doing much better now that I'm not stressed to death from dealing with these jobs. I'm still on them, but the lack of responsibility towards them makes them much easier to deal with. My wife is back at work and hating it but c'est la vie.

Thanks for asking.

Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post
                        .............bah.

BAH, I SAY! I SHAKE MY FIST AT YOU.

I can hope for updates if I want.
                        Sorry, I'll do my best

Tonight is the first night, but she'll probably be gone by the time I get there. I'll post if there's anything worthwhile.
                        D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.

Comment

The ups and downs of this site. I don't want to wish bad luck on you, but that doesn't make for a good story.

Hope it goes well.

ETA:
                          The little one is doing great, she's 2 and a couple of months now, ridiculously cute, and apparently determined to drive daddy insane.
                          Insanity is hereditary. You get it from your children.

Just wait until she starts dating!
                          Last edited by csquared; 04-17-2012, 06:37 PM.
                          Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
                          Save the Ales!
                          Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

Quoth csquared View Post
                            Just wait until she starts dating!
                            That's what the white shotgun is for.
                            I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                            Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                            Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

But I bet

That she will still acts like she does run the job. So if she gives any demands, document them and pass them to her boss for approval. And make sure all your co-workers also know she is not the boss no matter how she acts.

Comment

Working...
                              X