X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hurray for me

And advice for you folks.

I was driving home one day and saw a car that said azstatejobs.com, so I started looking at them. The customer service skills I have served me well and I'll be starting a new job with regular hours and bennies soon. Hopefully I won't get RIFed again.

So anyhow, just because I wanted to share my joy, I looked at a couple of other states and they all have webpages for all of the state jobs as well. Check them out, you will still have SCs but you will also have strict guide lines that allow you to say NO!

I'm surprised an earthquake big enough to land SC in AZ didn't make the news.
    Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Thank you! I need something less physically demanding. My job makes me hurt.
      "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

wolfie, with this crazy weather, anything can happen.

Food Lady, I didn't get the first job I applied for. I didn't get the 10th. I looked at their site every day and I applied for anything I felt qualified to do. It took me almost 4 months, but now I have a sit down job in an air conditioned office for more money and bennies. Things like good insurance and retirement and paid holidays and vacation time.

I really do encourage you and anyone else who is burnt out to do it. There are also a lot of reasons to NOT get a government job, slow raises, reduction in force when the economy turns bad, lower salaries than the same job pays in the civil section, but PTO and retirement.

Comment

And, I just got fired from the cent store. Well, maybe fired isn't the right word, the new schedules came out and I don't have any hours. I don't really care, I was willing to work my 2 week notice, but it will be nice to have the time off before I start my new one. Mortgage is paid, groceries are stocked up, plenty of cat food and litter, so all is good.

I plan to spend a lot of time playing Diablo 3 and might just finally get around to cleaning out our closet. I've been ignoring that chore for about 10 years...I wonder if I can ignore it for the next 10 days.

Comment

Working...
          X