X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Legit Work at Home for Hubby?

Hi everyone.

Hubby is disabled and we're not on disability because his condition is fixable with surgery (we're in the approval stage for that, and it's going to take a while). He'd like to be contributing more to our family than he is, and we were wondering if anyone knows any legit Work from Home opportunities.

Hubby has a LOT of tech experience, but can't do freelance writing for a variety of boring medical reasons, including the fact that while he CAN type, his disability prevents him from doing so very quickly. He is, however, able to speak clearly and understand spoken English. He's also a huge gamer, and quite conversant with social media, if that makes any difference.

We'd like to avoid companies that would force him to set up his computer with ONLY their approved programs (though installing their software in addition to what he already has is fine).

We can get a home phone line put in if we have to, but things that don't require it would be better.

Ideas?
    "I try to be curious about everything, even things that don't interest me." -Alex Trebek

Surveys are probably the easiest - I do http://www.e-rewards.com/ to support my iTunes and Best Buy shopping.

Heres an infographic of different ideas for ways to make money online that are legit http://themetapicture.com/awesome-id...-money-online/
    Last edited by Yfandes; 06-29-2015, 07:56 PM.

Comment

The latter link is broken for me. Comes back as "Referral denied"
      "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
      "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
      "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
      "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
      "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
      "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
      Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
      "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

I can't find the sites at present,but there is always a call for poofreaders proofreaders or beta editors for stories and scripts-some are paid for fanfic sites.
        I have also done some work for writing competitions in entry sorting.Before the judges look them over,those that are too long,don't have a name,don't write about the right subject,write in green or pink or bright yellow can be eliminated.

All good legit work for someone who has a good command of English and is computer savvy. Be prepared especially when fanfic beta'ing to have a lot of patience with scripts that include 'U' for you and 'cuz' for because....
        The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

Quoth WishfulSpirit View Post
          Hi everyone.

Hubby is disabled and we're not on disability because his condition is fixable with surgery (we're in the approval stage for that, and it's going to take a while). He'd like to be contributing more to our family than he is, and we were wondering if anyone knows any legit Work from Home opportunities.

Hubby has a LOT of tech experience, but can't do freelance writing for a variety of boring medical reasons, including the fact that while he CAN type, his disability prevents him from doing so very quickly. He is, however, able to speak clearly and understand spoken English. He's also a huge gamer, and quite conversant with social media, if that makes any difference.

We'd like to avoid companies that would force him to set up his computer with ONLY their approved programs (though installing their software in addition to what he already has is fine).

We can get a home phone line put in if we have to, but things that don't require it would be better.

Ideas?
          I wonder if voice recognition software might help. But if he is technically skilled, does he have programming skills? could he possibly write programs? Could he review apps?
          Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Comment

Oh sorry - it was just a graphic I found on meta picture and thought it had some good ideas on it to search on - heres the link and Ill fix the one I posted:
            http://themetapicture.com/awesome-id...-money-online/

Comment

I suggest reddit's beermoney subreddit board. They have referrals links to all the best sites (and contests to have your ref link featured for a week).
              My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

Comment

He is more hardware and software trouble shooting savvy than programming. Reviewing apps might work, but I was wondering more if anyone knows companies that hire tech support agents that work from home. Does anyone know that? IF not I'll ask Professor Google.
                "I try to be curious about everything, even things that don't interest me." -Alex Trebek

Comment

Quoth Kit-Ginevra View Post
                  I can't find the sites at present,but there is always a call for poofreaders proofreaders or beta editors for stories and scripts-some are paid for fanfic sites.
                  I have also done some work for writing competitions in entry sorting.Before the judges look them over,those that are too long,don't have a name,don't write about the right subject,write in green or pink or bright yellow can be eliminated.

All good legit work for someone who has a good command of English and is computer savvy. Be prepared especially when fanfic beta'ing to have a lot of patience with scripts that include 'U' for you and 'cuz' for because....
                  I'd love to find these sites, as i already do some editing for authors i like as a hobby.
                  Seph
                  Taur10
                  "You're supposed to be the head of covert intelligence. Right now, I'm not seeing a hell of a lot of intelligence. Covert, overt, or otherwise!"-Lochley, B5, A View from the Gallery

Comment

A site I work for: http://www.tutor.com/

They offer a bevy of courses to help students of ranging ages in, including introductory courses to using a computer. They offer voice conferencing as an option, either via Internet or an actual phone. The program itself is in addition to what you already have. Pay's nice, particularly if you have the time to devote to it.
                    My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

Just as a general Heads Up,anything that is offering Work from Home and insists you have to pay money first or give them your bank account or cash any sort of cheque is a scam.With flashing lights and a small band to announce it.
                      The only money you should ever have to pay out is expenses to actually conduct the job which will then be repaid when your payment is paid(for instance,the cost of the meal at the restaurant you're reviewing).
                      The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

how about http://panels.usertesting.com/be-a-tester/c.html you basically reviewing web sites on ease of navigation. it's about $10 for 20 minutes of work. you download their app but you will need a microphone.

Comment

Quoth Kit-Ginevra View Post
                          Anything that is offering Work from Home and insists you have to pay money first or give them your bank account or cash any sort of cheque is a scam.
                          Thanks, I've been keeping my eyes open for that. Pay to Work scams have been around far longer than the Internet, but the Net does give them a new place to come out and play.

Comment

Working...
                          X