X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Food Lady View Post
    You post this and don't elaborate?
    I know I have posted this before BUT since you ask......

Naked Guy's house was about 2 blocks from the store.

NO matter the weather frozen, cold, warm, blistering heat his front door was always open when he got delivery.

Now when he ordered delivery, he always seemed to time it so that one or more of the following happened:

1. just getting out of the shower and his bathroom was VERY visable from the open front door
    2. doing naked or near naked excerises in said bathroom door (the most "popular" was using the pull-up bar in the doorway)
    3. coming to the door with a loose robe on (and naked underneath)
    4. coming to the door with shorts that can only be described as being made of very very very thin single layer gause (in other words NOT very much to the imagination)
    5. coming to the door with a Speedoo on (again not very much left to the imagination)

We would NEVER tell a newbie about Naked Guy until after they delivered to him and the driver made a comment.

according to Corp. legal we could not blacklist him because he was doing all of these things INSIDE of the "privacy" of his own home.

I had several "comments" that I really would have liked to have spoken out loud.

Unfortuneately Naked Guy has moved out and is now no where to be found in our area.
    Last edited by Racket_Man; 06-03-2015, 05:12 AM.
    I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
    -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Oh my word. I think he must be an exhibitionist.
      "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

For me, it was probably the first time I changed a diaper when Little Ara wasn't quite done with it yet.

Hubs says that in the meat department, it's always when you get distracted and set your hand/elbow/other body part (get your minds out of the gutter) down on the VERY HOT plastic melter tray thingy they use to wrap the meat.
        The fact that jellyfish have survived for 650 million years despite not having brains gives hope to many people.

You would have to be incredibly dense for the world to revolve around you.

Comment

Ara -- Yep, that goes for deli workers, too (owww)

As for pizza -- yeah, every store has that one weird customer. Our store did let us get away with allowing individual drivers to just say they refuse to deliver to specific customers; a guy like this would simply run out of eligible drivers after a while, and effectively be banned anyway.
          "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
          "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
          "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
          "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
          "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
          "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
          Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
          "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Used to work at the head office of major bank. Ours was having someone come in with documents trying to claim a 'major prize'. Basically the person had gotten scammed and was told to come to our building to collect their winnings.

In the 11 months I was on front desk, we had it happen 4 times. Felt so sorry for these people, but there was literally nothing we could do. We would take as much info from them and photocopy their documents for our fraud team, but there was no way to get any money back for them.
            A good bookshop is just a genteel Black Hole that knows how to read. - Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!

Comment

You graduate from a newb to a true hotel worker when you get dissolved into puking tears by an old hag over something that's not your fault of course.
              My CW lasted TWO YEARS. True, she was only a seasonal worker but still...I didn't last two weeks. Ah such is customer service.
              Can't reason with the unreasonable.
              The only thing worse than not getting hired is getting hired.

Comment

I probably should've remembered this one my father told me about when he was nursing.

Back in the late 60's-early 70's, he used to work at a high-security psychiatric hospital. The place was basically a prison for nutters. The doors to each room were set back in to walls about 3 feet thick, so no where to duck to (this is important).

Anyway, they had a patient/prisoner there that could tell whenever someone new was working. They never worked how this guy knew, but he did. Come morning time to open the doors, the rest of the staff would get the new person to open this guys room.

Cue the bedpan full of shit and piss. Literally. He would only do it once to each staff member, and only when they were new. He'd wait behind the door, and then throw the contents all over the staff member opening.

Of course, the rest of the staff thought it was hilarious, and the poor member would have to go back home to shower thoroughly and get changed. Needless to say, they did go through a few staff members because of it.
                Mytical: A SC? Make a mistake? Oh goodness no. Must have been the little pink men from the planet parsley in the butternut galaxy. We all know that SC's could NEVER make mistakes.

Comment

In my work area at the library, our "work initiation" is checking in bookdrop returns after we've been closed for a holiday. (Thanksgiving and July 4 in particular)

Comment

At my veterinary clinic, it's getting anal glands squirted on your face... Bonus points if it goes in your mouth.

Comment

Quoth Minflick View Post
                      At my veterinary clinic, it's getting anal glands squirted on your face... Bonus points if it goes in your mouth.
                      I worked at a dog grooming shop and that was a part of the bath before grooming.

Yeah REALLY REALLY NASTY

Been there Done that
                      I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
                      -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

screwing up while unloading pallets of ice cream with a fork lift.

by that i mean you turn too fast after exiting the trailer and the ice cream goes *everywhere* (that shit has a tendency to SLIDE)

usually followed by a comment from the guy training you, something along the lines of "i told you to be careful, you dumbass!" (the actual comment was FAR cruder and nasty, but still funny as all hell)
                        If anyone breaks the three pint rule, they'll be running all night to the pisser and back.

Comment

You're not truly initiated at my Where's the Beef until one of three things happen.
                          1. You drop something that you just filled or wrapped..whether it be an entire carton of french fries, an ice cream, a sandwich/salad because the sandwich maker was playing a game "you can't have it, yes you can, no you can't.", and so on.
                          2. You become acquainted with the henny penny (deep pressure fryer) well enough to leave evidence.
                          3. You end up experiencing one of our longer than normal rushes by yourself even though you're supposed to be working with somebody. We try not to leave newbies alone for their first 2-3 times of doing something because we we get an unexpected rush...it gets insane..like we've had people quit the next day because this happened to them insane.

Back when I first started, the considered me initiated after I dealt with The Asian People. The Asian People are these 4 people that come in usually around the same time and always order the same 8 things in different combinations. You can smell them before you see them and woe betide the cashier who has to deal with them when they're having a bad day. For the longest time I called the sister of the group The Dragon Lady because she was downright rude to me my first time dealing with her.

Happily they haven't been coming around as much because we haven't been letting them get away with their shenanigans. Sadly it means it's no longer counted as an initiation for newbies.

Comment

Working...
                          X