This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hmmm? (Short)

Saw a weird thing today. I asked this guy checking in for his ID and credit card as usual, swiped it and gave it back to him.
    Instead of putting it in a wallet, he opened the back of his smartphone's battery case, put it in there along with 5 others in the battery case!
    I have never seen that before. I didn't see a battery in there. Really weird. I thought cell phones don't work without a battery and it wasn't plugged? It was on and functioning.
    Can't reason with the unreasonable.
    The only thing worse than not getting hired is getting hired.

I've seen CC/ID holders designed to go on the back of a phone. It was probably sitting just above the battery area and *designed* to look like the battery cover, so people might be less likely to look for his cards there.
    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
      I've seen CC/ID holders designed to go on the back of a phone. It was probably sitting just above the battery area and *designed* to look like the battery cover, so people might be less likely to look for his cards there.
      Something like this maybe?

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

Oooohhh...I want one like that, but I don't think they make them for my style of phone

Comment

That's the sort of thing I was thinking of, yeah. Thanks! ^_^
          "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
          "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
          "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
          "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
          "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
          "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
          Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
          "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

I've seen those. It's a case that fits over the phone and until it's opened, looks just like any normal case. The first time I saw one, I was like "Woah! That's cool. Is that part of your phone or a separate case?", the customer laughed at me and showed me how it worked. I've thought about getting one for a friend of mine...but I recently realized that he has an otterbox on his phone...that he's very nearly destroyed through fidgeting...so not the best idea.

Comment

That is awesome. I suddenly want one.
              I might be crazy, but I'm not Insane.

What? You don't play with flamethrowers on the weekends? You are strange.

Comment

Quoth bhskittykatt View Post
                Something like this maybe?

Yeah it looked like that. Sort of. Now I feel silly. LOL
                Still, I wouldn't want one because if a thief stole your phone, they got your credit cards too. Oh noes!
                Learned that the hard way when I tried to connect my wallet to my keys.
                Plus I heard that while the cell phone signal isn't strong enough to erase the magnetic strip info on credit cards, I don't like to take that chance. I'm one of those people who carries no cash and lives on credit cards. :\
                Can't reason with the unreasonable.
                The only thing worse than not getting hired is getting hired.

Comment

Quoth HotelMinion View Post
                  Plus I heard that while the cell phone signal isn't strong enough to erase the magnetic strip info on credit cards, I don't like to take that chance. I'm one of those people who carries no cash and lives on credit cards. :\
                  As a fellow hotel worker who has dealt with phones demagging key cards way too many times to count, I don't blame you. I know it shouldn't happen, but I find myself keeping my phone well away from my CCs, just out of habit.
                  Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

I've kept all my cards in a wallet style cellphone case for years. Have yet to have any problem. Maybe it's a risk, but the convenience is worth it for me.
                    Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

Oh kay I've seen something new! I had no idea those kinds of cases existed. I do have a wallet style case but nothing like that.
                      https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
                      Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

Working...
                      X