This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's a surprise....wedding?

So here at The Resort we've hosted surprise birthdays and surprise anniversary parties and plenty of surprise engagements, but now we have a surprise wedding.

A surprise wedding.

According to the event notes, the bride thinks she's coming here for her bachelorette party and they're going to surprise her with a wedding ceremony.

A surprise wedding.

I...I cannot see how this is a good idea.

Who the hell does a surprise wedding?!?

If my husband had done this to me, I'd have told him to f**k off for ruining my bachelorette party and wedding plans and left him at the surprise altar.

I just really do not think a surprise wedding is a good idea.

Updates to follow as I brace for a potential trainwreck...
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

A surprise wedding can be nice if done right, Like this one

Comment

I guess they'd have to be really sure she wouldn't freak out... I mean, I have no plans to ever marry, but if I did I would elope. I don't know if I could marry a man who insisted on putting me through the horror of a wedding. So we're all different, maybe this lady will love a surprise wedding?
      Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

A surprise wedding when it's a surprise on the guests can work.

I've had 2 cousins do this. One had their 3 kids baptised on the same day and then had a party back at their house. Halfway through the party, a celebrant arrived and party turned into a wedding. Other cousin turned his 30th birthday into a wedding. In both cases, only the bride, groom and their parents knew what was happening.

But to surprise the bride? That is not very nice at all. I would be pretty pissed if that happened to me. I would not be encouraging anyone that came to me with that plan.
        A good bookshop is just a genteel Black Hole that knows how to read. - Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!

Comment

I actually had a male friend of mine happen to him.....she was ready to go, he wasn't so sure.....she made the decision.....needless to say, it didn't end well......

Comment

Still this will be interesting.....at least you'll have updates, BHS.
            I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
            -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Surprise weddings can work if sprung on the right spouse.

Like this one
              PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

I wouldn't like the idea of a surprise wedding, even as a guest. A wedding can be pretty loaded. There have been weddings I've declined to attend because I couldn't support the union, and I'd be rather upset if I had been forced into attending one of those weddings because the couple told everybody it was a backyard BBQ then brought in an officiant and had a wedding. Granted, that's a very tiny minority of weddings I've been invited to, but the idea that just one of those guests would be uncomfortable makes me strongly believe that this type of surprise is just really, really bad hosting.
                At the conclusion of an Irish wedding, the priest said "Everybody please hug the person who has made your life worth living. The bartender was nearly crushed to death.

Comment

I had a surprise wedding, kind of for me, not at for the groom, and completely for the guests. It seemed to work ok, and with my social anxiety any kind of a build of for 'the big day' would have made me beg off, so it's probably the only way I ever would have gotten married.

Most people, especially brides, are so excited about the big day that I can't imagine most people would be a fan of this system though. Curious to hear how this turns out.
                  Pain and suffering are inevitable...misery is optional.

Comment

I would love a surprise wedding... just need to find a bride and we're good to go...
                    The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

When is this surprise wedding going to happen. I want to know so I'll remember to check this thread the day after.

Comment

Good grief, I can't see this ending well at all and I pretty much eloped. Just picked a random day, call the justice of the peace, got the license, and got married. Pissed off everyone except my parents, which is amusing, because Mom was in the ER with a bad asthma attack and "neglected" to tell me so the whole thing would still go on.

The rest? Bah, I didn't want to purchase the amount of booze it'd have taken to make them all get along for five minutes. I don't think Bill Gates could purchase enough booze to make my extended family get a long for five minutes. I think my family tree could do with a trimming occasionally.
                        If I make no sense, I apologize. I'm constantly interrupted by an actual toddler.

Comment

Quoth raudf View Post
                          Bah, I didn't want to purchase the amount of booze it'd have taken to make them all get along for five minutes. I don't think Bill Gates could purchase enough booze to make my extended family get a long for five minutes.
                          I gather that the amount of booze involved would require notifying the distilleries/wineries years in advance so they could set aside the big order in time to age it.
                          Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Alright I got the update, and it turns out it was not as creepy or horrible or skeevy as we all thought.

Turns out they were already planning on getting married this week, but they were going to do just a simple courthouse ceremony. The groom wanted something more special for his bride, though, so he secretly booked the resort for a beach-side ceremony.

I wasn't there but my CW snapped a pic and sent it to me. It looked to me like the bride was crying but my CW assures me they were happy tears.
                            Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

Oh, that sounds really nice. At this point I'm thinking I'll end up with a courthouse wedding without intervention.
                              "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Working...
                              X