X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Master of Ninjitu Vice President

Happened about a month ago.

BG: At my company, the management is a bit "Old School". Usually the Owner/CEO will hand us a PAPER CHECK. Some of you might not know what that is. A Check is a piece of paper you take to the bank to get "Cashed" (put into your account). He is a strong believer in thanking us and shaking our hand. (Yes, he is over 70. I love that generation. )

Night Shift gets "paid" on Wednesday, so we can stop by the bank on Thursday, usually. (day shift gets paid on Thursday so they can stop by at lunch or on Friday) They do not "have" to have the Checks for us until Friday, but only the office works Fridays.

So when we did not get our usual Wednesday check, "Oh well, stuff happens, we will get it tomorrow".

At 1130 PM, a figure sneaks up behind me. It was the company VP. He apologized for the delay (he forgot CEO was out of town, and it was his turn to pass checks).

To stress, 1130 At NIGHT. The VP decided to come by and give us our checks. I love this company. Who else can say they were happy to see senior level management that late at night?

Side bar: Bet the guy who does not where his safety glasses got a nice "Shock and Awe". I have seen eye injuries. They are right to be very anal about safety. Just sad I missed it.
    I might be crazy, but I'm not Insane.

What? You don't play with flamethrowers on the weekends? You are strange.

I would rather see a paper pay stub than a paper cheque. It means that the company has already paid me.

Back when I worked as a bartender/cashier in two buffet restaurants, the staff would come to me instead of the bank to have their cheques cashed. Wonder why? It's because owners have been grabbing money from the till to use for their own personal use, and thus, have no money to pay the staff! So when payday came, my mother (who was working alongside me) made sure that I got paid.
    cindybubbles (👧 ❤️ 🎂 )

Enter Cindyland here!

Comment

Working...
    X