This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blew a gasket.

My lack of posts recently haven't meant a lack in suckage at work. Tonight I had a blowout . . . a large blowout. In my five years at this job, including tonight, I've had four instances where I blew my top without the pre-eruption warnings. I know I'll probably have a talk with my boss tomorrow, but I'm looking for solutions in the way of advice.

I like this job, otherwise I wouldn't have stuck around for five years, but its people like the bitch that manages the front counter that makes me want to do something that'll land me in jail for assault. She called my boss and exaggerated some of the details of the night. To be clear, I don't work for her, therefore I don't answer to her, but reasonably so my boss takes her side of the story into consideration.

Basically it comes down to me asking for any tips on dealing with frustration. I typically try to vent at the day's end, but more often than not I tend to stow it away. Thanks for hearing me out.

Hey, that's what we're here for ^_^ Vent away!

As for your co-irker...Yeah, bosses often tend to believe the first person they hear from. About all you can do is contact him first when you know it's a bad evening. Part of me wants to say that you might wanna consider simply asking him to reign her in, but the realist in me says that doing so might show you once and for all just how much he (improperly) favors this person.
    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

I use a visualization exercise. Picture you standing on one side of the room, the person annoying you on the other. Then picture a giant pencil drawing a figure 8 around both, so the line in the middle separates you. It reinforces your mental boundaries, reminds you that your mind and heart aren't under that person's control, and the shape of the 8 is soothing to draw. The old "picturing a calm blue ocean" trick works too.

Also, if you're really just overly stressed, try taking Valerian. I'd do it at home first to see how it affects you, but for me, Valerian root just makes me feel calm without feeling drugged. I like the kind that has passionflower in it.
      Last edited by WishfulSpirit; 07-04-2015, 07:48 AM.
      "I try to be curious about everything, even things that don't interest me." -Alex Trebek

Comment

Working...
      X