Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Was anyone else geeky enough to go to The Avengers last night at the midnight showing

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't have much to say, me and my sister and dad went to see it TWICE this week (we never go to the movies, EVER, and especially not my dad, but oh my God). Possibly my favorite movie ever, though admittedly I'm not a big movie person...but I could see myself actually buying this DVD and watching it. Which I just don't do. So it's that awesome.

(Also, excuse the fangirly, but my shipping odometer buried the needle. Oh my God, the chemistry in this movie is amazing. Tony Stark is my new favorite Little Black Dress...he goes with everything.)
    "Maybe the problem just went away...maybe it was the magical sniper fairy that comes and gives silenced hollow point rounds to people who don't eat their vegetables."

Comment

While there were many great one liners and a lot of great comedic timing, I think it's safe to say that Downey stole the show for that aspect of the movie. His comedic timing, his hilarious smarminess in this movie is simply unmatched.

I know. I saw it for a second time just a few hours ago. Definitely recommend seeing it twice, as I picked up a lot I missed the first time, and was also better able to follow the entire plot the second time....and enjoyed it just as much!

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
      Still A Customer."

Comment

I saw it last Sunday. I'm taking my Mom to see it tomorrow morning.

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
          Out of curiousity, why does it being shown in 3D mean you won't be able to see it?
          Short answer, nasty headaches.

Longer answer, there is something in the 3d tech/effects that gives me brain splitting migraines. There is no movie out there that will be worth the next two days of me curled up someplace dark, very cold, and so quiet that you could hear an ant fart, just to wait out the pain in my head.

Comment

It's a shame you don't have it in 2D locally. Our favorite theater is playing it in both 2D and 3D.

Since we're both good with 3D, that's the showing we're seeing, but it's good that the place has the option for those who can't do 3D.

^-.-^
            Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

I just caught a matinee yesterday. There were about 10 other people in that theater besides me and my husband - which is why we went when we did. I'm still recovering from my geek flip out!!!!! Also, we saw it in 2D. I'm not a huge fan of 3D and had a sensory overload headache even from the 2D version.
              The original Cookie in a multitude of cookies.

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                I am going to respectfully disagree with both of you. Ruffalo was good, but Norton was brilliant in the role. But I think we can all agree that Bana was simply terrible....nothing against him, but that entire movie with Bana was just a giant steaming pile of manure.
                I have no problem with this disagreement, as I also strongly liked Norton in the role. Too bad he kinda cocked all that up, from what I hear...

But, yeah. Bana.

*shudders*

Comment

Roomie and me are going to see it in 3D again today. (I'm actually waiting for the previews to start to turn off my phone.)
                  This time the theatre isn't as crowded. And we were the first ones here do we got good seats (roomie said 'this time we won't just see a corner!' lol!).
                  Driver Picks the Music, Shotgun Shuts His Cakehole.
                  Supernatural 9-13-05 to forever

Comment

Saw it last night in 3D with good seats.

I'm not really sure it made the best use of the 3D.

There are some scenes where everything is just awesome, but there are also a lot of scenes where you're left wondering what the hell is going on because there's just too much activity.

Plus, things flying by in the foreground are very distracting and I wish more directors would realize this. Also, I'm not sure if it's the 3D or the clarity of modern film speeds, but there were a lot of enemy flying scenes that looked very 'pasted in.'

I will have to say that they pretty much avoided the things poking out of the screen, and when they did have stuff that jutted, when they moved it out of frame, they moved it far enough that it wasn't jarring that it no longer jutted, so that was well done.

I was left wondering, during the huge final fight scene whether they had the same people working on fight direction as worked on the trailer for Marvel vs Capcom 3. It has the same sense of flow between different characters and different parts of the fight, and they both are Marvel products. Either way, very awesome.

The "left turn, Clyde" bit was hilarious, as was Loki's rudely aborted monologue. Bizarrely, we were the only people in the theater to wait until the final post-credit bit. Though about a dozen others stayed for the mid-credits bit.

Definitely one for the collection, once it's out.

Speaking of phones, some asshat near the front was taking flash pictures near the end.

^-.-^
                    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth Sakka View Post
                      Short answer, nasty headaches.

Longer answer, there is something in the 3d tech/effects that gives me brain splitting migraines. There is no movie out there that will be worth the next two days of me curled up someplace dark, very cold, and so quiet that you could hear an ant fart, just to wait out the pain in my head.
                      You're not the only one, 3D does the same thing to me..I avoid it at ALL costs, because being nauseous throughout the movie and waiting out the three day headache does not make for a good time.
                      Remember, stressed spelled backwards is desserts.

Comment

I know that for some people, the nausea is due to the fact that most glasses don't have blinders on the sides to keep the reflections down.

I'm lucky enough that I can have my eyes do tricks for me and just look past the reflections on the inside of the glasses (the one time that having excellent night vision is a major disadvantage).

However, while comparing notes with the boyfriend, it turns out that my superior ability to see 3D effects on the big screen is also what led to me commenting that the flying attackers looked pasted in. He didn't get that at any point, while I had that impression in three different short shots of them, but only when they were heading towards the camera.

If it's still playing in a week (which I have no doubt it will be), I want to see it again in 2D for comparison.

^-.-^

Comment

The Hulk was one of the best parts of the movie-- that and Bruce Banner. Ruffalo did a fantastic job.

Of course, RDJ was awesome in every scene he had. But Loki was finally the manipulative bastard he should have been all along. Even if it didn't go as he planned.

Did anyone else get the notion that the blue glowy stone in Loki's scepter is the Mind Gem from the Infinity Gauntlet?
                          PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Well we know the Infinity Guantlet is in Odin's vault (From Thor)... and we know something else from the end of Avengers.

So seeing the Infinity Guantlet play a role in the upcoming movies is certainly a hope of a lot of fans.

Comment

Anyone love the perfectness of the scene after the credits rolled? There was a kid in the theater, but you wouldn't know until he giggled. And he said like one thing the whole time. After the second scene with Thor and Hulk, he said "I told you he was gonna do that"

Comment

Oh gods! The after credits scene was totally epicly perfect. So so funny.
                                Driver Picks the Music, Shotgun Shuts His Cakehole.
                                Supernatural 9-13-05 to forever

Comment

Working...
                                X