This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just a small favor

Found this one while searching for old posts of mine on Google. I just copied and pasted it because I'm lazy.

Here's one that I had to deal with when I used to work at Target. I had clocked out after a really crappy day and was on my way out the door when one of the assistant managers that I hated stops me at the door. "Ringtail, I need you to something important for me."
    "No, I'm off the clock and I want to get the hell out of here." I wasn't in the mood for idiot managers and customers, especially when I'm off the clock.
    "I'll let her tell you." an older hispanic woman then walks up.
    "Your manager said that you would be willing to give me a ride home."
    "No, I never said I'd give anyone a ride." now I'm getting pissed, I hate it when people volunteer me for crap.
    "It's only to Tijuana, it won't take you long." Tijuana is in Mexico for those who don't know.
    "I'm not going in that direction, I'm going north. Bye." I walk out the door at that point. Like hell I'm driving some stranger to Mexico. I was hoping that would be it, but no of course not. While I was in my car waiting for it to warm up (the engine on my old Camaro hadn't been rebuilt yet, so I had to wait) I hear a tapping on my rear window,
    "All I want is a ride home to Tijuana, I'm not asking you much!" not much? asking me to drive you to some dump I want nothing to do with and sit in traffic for at least three hours for free isn't asking much?
    "Ask someone else."
    "Don't you care how I get home!" She yells. As she finishes I can hear my Camaro starting to idle down telling me that it's warmed up.
    "Not really. Have a nice day." with that, I take off.
    "I don't have an anger problem I have an idiot problem!" - Hank Hill

When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt, run around in little circles, wave your arms and shout!

My God, the manager actually volunteered you to take someone across the border? Good grief! I hope you didn't catch any flack for standing up for yourself and refusing to do it.
    Everything I do goes through...

Think About It Central

Comment

I remember this post, still makes my blood boil, Im so happy you said no

why didnt the manager take her bloody home if it meant that much to her

gah I HATE it when people volunteer me for stuff *glares at her mother* without asking me first!
      I wasnt put on this earth to make you feel like a man ~ Mary Bertone

Comment

Quoth BlakeMP View Post
        My God, the manager actually volunteered you to take someone across the border? Good grief! I hope you didn't catch any flack for standing up for yourself and refusing to do it.
        Actually that was the last I ever heard about it. That manager was totally out of line anyways so it wasn't like he could've done anything about it.

When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt, run around in little circles, wave your arms and shout!

Comment

I still want to know how she got there.

Rapscallion

Comment

Maybe some poor sod in Tijuana is telling this same story in reverse somewhere...
            People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
            My DeviantArt.

Comment

I think what happened was she took the trolley and the bus to get to the store, then blew the money she was supposed to use to get back home. Either that or she relies on bumming rides from total strangers.

Comment

And of course if by some insane notion you had agreed, and something bad had happened, Target would be sued. Why would he even think it was ok to agree to this request?????
                "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Maybe she was a hitchhiker, only place I would take her is if she had a sign saying "Heaven." Sure it's manslaughter, but hey, she really did ask for it.
                  Pretend there's something here that sounds insightful, but is really just some pseudo-intellectual bull.

Comment

Quoth Kiwi View Post
                    I remember this post, still makes my blood boil, Im so happy you said no
                    Word for word, my thoughts EXACTLY.
                    Unseen but seeing
                    oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                    There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                    3rd shift needs love, too
                    RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth Skrae View Post
                      Maybe she was a hitchhiker, only place I would take her is if she had a sign saying "Heaven." Sure it's manslaughter, but hey, she really did ask for it.
                      That whole "violence against customers" thing isn't encouraged around here.... not that I'm a mod or anything... just a friendly heads up.
                      GK/Kara/Jester fangirl.

Comment

Quoth tollbaby View Post
                        That whole "violence against customers" thing isn't encouraged around here.... not that I'm a mod or anything... just a friendly heads up.
                        Understandable for a normal customer, but a customer that demands you take them across the border? Anyway, people like this just kind of make me want to go on a killing spree, luckily I have video games for that. I'll tone it down though.
                        Pretend there's something here that sounds insightful, but is really just some pseudo-intellectual bull.

Comment

Things like this make me glad I don't own a car. Sorry, I really can't help you!
                          "Because that's how magical meteoric size-altering space goo works." IMDB Message boards.

Comment

I think I finally may have found a practical use for those stick-on bullet holes you can put on your car.

"Why sure! I'd be thrilled to give you a ride! My car's over here! Actually, it's not really my car. I'm borrowing it from my friends Bonny and Clyde!!"
                            Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

IPF, funny for sure.

Might lose something, though, if others don't get the reference.
                              Unseen but seeing
                              oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                              There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                              3rd shift needs love, too
                              RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Working...
                              X