Go Back   Customers Suck! > The Heart of the Site > Sightings

Old 08-21-2018, 06:57 PM
Insomniac with Cable TV

Quote:
Quoth Minflick View Post
I could be oh-so-wrong, but I don't think the tea plant we drink is the same camellia that blooms in our gardens. Like the difference between ornamental cherry vs. the eating cherry. Same basic plant, but not the one plant for both purposes.
My grandparents did several trips, their honeymoon was around the world and they loved Japan and China so much [they got married in 1919] they went back for a 6 month vacation [at that point I would almost consider it a distant staycation ...] and she brought back plants and had a chinese garden and a japanese garden and she made matcha green tea from her proper camillia bushes. Got to love the turn of the previous century rich for whack ideas =)

Me? I would love to grow my own coffee and tea, though I would recourse to small appropriate greenhouses for temp and humidity control.