X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quest for glory 2

Oh fuck this game.

I decided to start a quest for glory campaign. I bought the 5 games off of gog and beat the vga version of number 1. I'm playing the remake of qfg 2 now, with the option of less confusing layout for the town (note less confusing but still confusing) then there's trying to navigate the fucking desert, it doesn't help that halfway down it flips perspective so all of sudden all the maps and everything are backwards halfway through but I still can't find the fourth location of note, this is fucking annoying. I wish I could turn off the monster encounters for a few minutes just to find where places are but I can't. Oh my god the auto walk, I walk in one direction and it just keeps going screen after screen until it hits a wall unless I manage to get him to stop in time so I change direction, god it's like both groups of designers asked how to make this game as frustrating as possible to play. I've spend more time just trying to find the locations rather than solving puzzles.
    Interviewer: What is your greatest weakness?
    Me: I expect competence from my coworkers.

QFG 2 isn't that bad. Once you buy the magic map it makes traveling in town easier, once you find them the first time. And the only things you really need to find in the desert are the oasis with the dervish, and the woman tree. The caged monster is a bonus and not necessary except for completeness sake. and if you remember the simple X screens up/down from the town overlook, and Y screens left or right its really not that bad at all.

QFG 4 has the best side quests though. Though switching from a 3/4 view in combat to a side scroll takes getting used to.

I never finished QFG 5, the combat system was so screwy I never could figure it out.
    Lister: This is Crazy. Why are we talking about going to bed with Wilma Flintstone?
    Cat: You're right. We're Nuts! This is an insane conversation....
    Lister: She'll never leave Fred and we know it.

Comment

It's getting better now that I am using a walkthrough a bit, because honestly there are apparently entire days where you can't really do anything but wait. The town map I already use but I would love a map for the desert. Quest for glory 3 remains the only game I actually got "you did something we didn't think of message"
      Interviewer: What is your greatest weakness?
      Me: I expect competence from my coworkers.

Comment

yes, you spend the first few days doing side quests (visiting W.I.T. finding Aziza, doing the rope walk, arm wrestling the blacksmith, buying a sarous, doing the thieve's quests with the money changer, killing scorpions and ghouls) but ince the elemental show up that is when you really start.
        Lister: This is Crazy. Why are we talking about going to bed with Wilma Flintstone?
        Cat: You're right. We're Nuts! This is an insane conversation....
        Lister: She'll never leave Fred and we know it.

Comment

Working...
        X