This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just put it on the counter

It's not intentionally sucky, but so many people did this to me today that I have to vent. It makes my job hard. I was cashiering today. The counter is on my right and the register on my left with the scanner in between. People kept bypassing the counter altogether and handing me stuff on the left. And it was multiple items at one time. How am I supposed to scan those, even with a hand-held? They need to be separated out and I'm not going to do it in the air. So I had to lean over and take stacks of things which sometimes ended up being heavy to move them to where they should've been put down in the first place. I was in pain all day and this was not helping.

Just, why?
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Maybe they thought they were helping? So you wouldn't have to pick stuff up? I dunno. I got nothin'. Sorry they were so dense!
    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Because they are stupid.

Comment

And THAT is the answer to a whole lot of customer oddities....

Comment

Today it was handing me the merchandise but putting the money on the counter out of my reach.
          "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Quoth Minflick View Post
            And THAT is the answer to a whole lot of customer oddities....
            100% Truth!!

Comment

Lately, customers at my petrol station have been putting items down virtually behind the till screen, so I can't see/reach them. Most people do move them so I can get them if I lean around the screen and start groping for the items, but I'm sure there are some items which haven't been paid for because people have done that and I/other cashiers haven't realised the items are there and thus not charged for them!

To be fair to the cashiers, our counter area is not laid out at all well, but still, put the items by the scanner, don't hide them from the cashier!!!

Comment

Working...
              X