Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"His usual response to a customer saying "Thank you" is "Thank you for my paycheck"

Comment

Quoth little_miss_springfield View Post
      "His usual response to a customer saying "Thank you" is "Thank you for my paycheck"

That whole thing about them paying us--technically it's true, because sales begat hours. But on the other hand, my year-long average hours are the same whether sales are down or not. So if the sucktomer in question doesn't spend money in my store anymore, I'm still getting paid. He's not in control of my survival nor finances. I am because I choose to be there.
      "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Quoth little_miss_springfield View Post

WELL IF YOU DO PAY MY PAYCHECK I WANT A RAISE NOW!!!!!!!!!
        I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
        -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

(A customer comes up to me whilst I'm having a drink).

"I thought I'd come to you because you look lost..."

o_=

I was having a drink of water, it's not really THAT hard of a concept to grasp! (Oh, and do forgive me for being just a "little" bit thirsty after having served people for three-and-a-half.straight.hours! "Sorry, not sorry...")
          Last edited by Castrovalva; 09-19-2016, 11:56 PM.

Comment

Customer comes up to me on SCO while I'm organizing the paystation/sneaking a few sips of coffee during a slow period.

"Sorry I'm interrupting your coffee break, but when you decide to help me..."

That was uncalled for. And no, he didn't actually need help, just to read what the screen was telling him to do.
            "I am quite confident that I do exist."
            "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Quoth notalwaysright View Post
              And it also depends on how they finish that sentence. If it's "the line was really long" or "I can never use my coupon" or "your sales are confusing" then I'm sorry, but... no. I have no control over that, and have heard it multiple times a day, since the day I started.
              I loathe it when customers complain to me about stupid crap I can't change.

When I worked at a certain store, a guy complained that our prices were too high (he compared them to another store). I told him that, with proof, we could price match certain items, or he could simply shop at the other store, but that I didn't decide the prices. He told me that he really liked our store better, and then asked if I couldn't ask my boss. I told him that, technically, I could, but it wouldn't do any good for him because my boss didn't decide the prices, either. He asked me who it was that did, and I told him corporate. He then asked me if I couldn't tell corporate about it. I told him, "Sir, if I felt at all that corporate would listen to me, I'd be asking for a raise, not for cheaper prices for y'all!"
              Last edited by DescJockey; 09-21-2016, 01:10 PM. Reason: Normal
              "Some people are dumb." - Butthead

Comment

So this happened to me today. I had just gotten done with five projects, all the while, answering calls (which there were a lot of), getting people their plates and having them sign them out, then getting sales people to put the plates on their cars, sorting through supply orders...

Finally, for a moment, it was quiet. I sat down and logged onto Customers Suck, and this woman looks at me, I think with what was supposed to be sympathy and says, "You must be so bored."

I looked at her, screwing up my face in confusion, and asked why.

She said, "Well, just sitting there all day."

I couldn't help it. I listed off all the things that I had just gotten done doing, and let her know that more projects were on the way. Finally, she just walked away.

I know she was probably just trying to be "nice," but there's nothing nice about insinuating that someone who works very hard actually isn't.

Thanks for letting me vent!
                Last edited by DescJockey; 09-22-2016, 08:27 PM. Reason: Normal

Comment

Quoth DescJockey View Post
                  So this happened to me today. I had just gotten done with five projects, all the while, answering calls (which there were a lot of), getting people their plates and having them sign them out, then getting sales people to put the plates on their cars, sorting through supply orders...

Finally, for a moment, it was quiet. I sat down and logged onto Customers Suck, and this woman looks at me, I think with what was supposed to be sympathy and says, "You must be so bored."
                  Let me guess, lady then complained about you because either

a)you were 'rude' to her

or

b)you were just sitting there not doing anything and that's so 'unprofessional'
                  Last edited by EricKei; 09-24-2016, 02:37 PM. Reason: snip

Comment

Quoth drjonah View Post
                    Let me guess, lady then complained about you because either

a)you were 'rude' to her

or

b)you were just sitting there not doing anything and that's so 'unprofessional'
                    I was expecting A. But she just walked off and commented under her breath that what I had done "wasn't that much."

Comment

I so don't miss this crap. I only work retail on the weekends now when it's super-busy, so no one can accuse me of being bored unless they're stupid.
                      "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

That's like the idiot customers smirking and saying, "Ooh, you'll lose your job when pay at the pump happens!" at my job. Totally ignoring the fact that only about 25% of customers can actually use pay at the pump (around half our customers use fuel cards, plus there are the cash customers, the elderly and those opposed to change), there's also the small fact that no, we don't just sit on the till all day and serve customers. There are deliveries to be signed off, then stock put out, fuel certificates to be filled out, paperwork to be completed... I could go on and on. Every time I hear the above saying from a customer, I get the urge to slap them right in the face with a wet halibut, cuz it's just so annoying.
                        Last edited by MadMike; 10-01-2016, 11:43 PM. Reason: Please don't quote the entire post. We've already read it.
                        People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
                        My DeviantArt.

Comment

Working...
                        X