Clear All

• I have the 18 cents

I don't know what it is. Maybe working two jobs and spending
    that much extra time behind the register is getting to me. The
    people that hold up the line to fumble through their pockets for
    a minute just so they can get even money back are starting to
    tick me off.
    They wait until I'm cashing them out too. I feel like pulling a
    Seinfeld soup Nazi on them when they wait that long to do that.

Seinfeld soup Nazi?
    Engaged to the sweet Mytical He is my Black Dragon (and yes, a good one) strong, protective, the guardian. I am his Silver Dragon, always by his side, shining for him, cherishing him.

Comment

This guy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MVm1KcrHM6s
      "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
      "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
      "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
      "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
      "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
      "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
      Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
      "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

What's worse is when people give me coins (and not even the correct amount!) after I've already tendered the order and made change based on what they gave me. Sorry, drawer's shut and I can't open it without a purchase. Feel free to leave the coins if you really don't want them, but let me get the lead over here to witness that you are refusing the coins so you can't come back later and accuse me of shorting you (which has happened).
        "I am quite confident that I do exist."
        "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

I always make it a point to hand the cashier exact change (if I have it) right away, and not do the "Oh, wait, I have exact change...!" bullshit when they're counting out the change. This happened to a cashier I was bagging for today, and he literally had to pull his cell phone out so he could use the calculator app.

Comment

You know studies show that the time spent trying to pull out those pennies and counting them is not worth your time as it usually adds about 2 minutes to a transaction.

That being said I might spend a minute counting change to give exact or close but I always pull out my change first, know how much I have so I know if I have enough for exacting change and I don't do it if there are more than 3 people behind me.

Comment

I try to have my change (or at least enough pennies so I don't get pennies back) ready before I even get in line. If I don't, my fault and I'll take whatever change I wind up with. Not worth pissing off the cashier and potentially the rest of the line to 'save' three cents or less.
              "I am quite confident that I do exist."
              "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Personally, I *LIKE* getting change. When I get home, it all goes in the big bucket in the closet, along with any quarters left over from laundry, etc. I empty that bucket about once a year and there's a tidy sum of money I can use to buy myself something nice. It's also a nice emergency fund for unexpected expenses.

Comment

What I don't like are the ones, usually women who say they'll give me the change and then have to dig in three things just to give me two pennies. And it's not even right. If you can't round it out right don't bother. I can't do the math that quick and the people behind you want to leave too.
                  I would have a nice day, but I have other things to do.

Comment

Quoth CyberLurch View Post
                    Personally, I *LIKE* getting change. When I get home, it all goes in the big bucket in the closet, along with any quarters left over from laundry, etc. I empty that bucket about once a year and there's a tidy sum of money I can use to buy myself something nice. It's also a nice emergency fund for unexpected expenses.
                    That's what I do with change as well. Except that its a vase on the shelf. For the most part, I've gone cashless, but sweetie still likes to use cash. The vase still fills up about once a year.

Funny (to me) story: We used to put our change in a vase that had seams. I had noticed that the vase was almost full, but being the lazy sort, hadn't done anything about it. One day, sweetie unloaded his pockets before getting his shower and the 5 or 6 coins he dropped in broke the camel's back. The vase split in half and over a hundred dollars in coins went EVERYWHERE! I was finding change in the strangest places for years after.

Comment

I love the fact that the SCOs in the supermarket next door doesn't take cash. It's faster that way. Too bad that I've had so many problems trying to bag a 24-roll package of toilet paper that the attendant advised me to use the regular lanes instead.
                      cindybubbles (👧 ❤️ 🎂 )

Enter Cindyland here!

Comment

When I worked at the convenience store I had people hold up the line by going out to the car to get change just to avoid getting back coins. If they are going to do that why the hell didn't they bring change inside the store with them?

Comment

Haha, I liked the Soup Nazi. It's sad that the idea of expecting a customer to know what food they want, order that food, and move along is a so insane that it becomes a joke. Yes, I know the guy is a bit extreme, but if you look at the premise of the joke, what is it? The joke is built on the idea that it's insane to expect competence from the public. That if you do, you are comparable to a group of really awful people. Maybe I over think these things.

And yes, when I hear the person in front of me say, "oh wait, I have change" I try not to sigh. Bonus points if the store has an automatic change machine and it's already dispensed the change.
                          Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

Double bonus points for people who've been standing in line for 5 minutes, and still don't have their money (or minds) prepared when they reach the counter.
                            This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
                            I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

I hate getting change back. I didn't realize so many people hated me because I took 20 seconds to get it out of my pocket.

Comment

Working...
                              X