This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No, I don't get paid more for resetting passwords

I do tech support for an insurance company. I had a customer call today, absolutely livid that his password was reset on his account without his permission. I checked his account, and found that I had reset his password a few days ago at the request of his agent. This is not unusual as many customers prefer to go through their agents, who they know on a first name basis, rather than calling a "faceless" helpdesk tech. I explained to the customer that his agent asked us to reset the password on his behalf. Of course, this is "impossible" because he never asked him to do that, and he knows his agent, and knows he would NEVER make a mistake like that. We go back and forth for a while, and he finally comes out with this:

"You just thought you would make some extra money by going around resetting people's passwords!"

Um, what? Does he think we get paid per mouse-click, or what? I explained to him that I get paid hourly, and I get paid the same regardless of how many password resets I do. He didn't believe me. Several times I asked him if he needed help logging in, but no, he just wanted me to admit that I reset his account without anyone asking me to for "extra cash". Which of course I didn't do, because it makes no damn sense. He eventually hung up.

Another insurance person!
    You don't know what Hades is until you've worked at least one Christmas Season in a toy store that offers free gift wrapping.

Comment

Quoth InsuranceGuru View Post
      Another insurance person!
      Hiya! I actually don't know a heck of a lot about insurance. I just do tech support for the web site (mostly password resets with the occasional scripting error thrown in for gits and shiggles).

Comment

In the immortal words of You Can't Do That on Television,

"Where do they get them and why do they keep sending them to me?"

So all those Make $925 a day emails are for resetting passwords??

Comment

So... the caller didn't have an agenda besides yelling at you for... well, not ripping him off... inconveniencing him for more money?

I'd ask if this guy had a working brain, but I think it's pretty obvious that it's just ornamental.
          Excuse me, good sir paladin, can you direct me to your EVIL district?

http://www.dywhcomic.com

Comment

Quoth Apathy View Post
            I'd ask if this guy had a working brain, but I think it's pretty obvious that it's just ornamental.
            I do believe the word you're looking for here is vestigial.

^-.-^
            Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Noipe, ornamental. Obviously the Cerebrum is a decorative item. As the CS is breathing, and one must assume he had the coordination to walk around and drive (else how did he get to work?), the cerebellum does seem to work. I gather that snazzy grey of the of the cerebral cortex nicely coordinates with the inside of his skull.

Comment

Working...
              X