This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Really? Because I'm not seeing it.

So, right now I am teaching in split shifts on Monday and Wednesdays (ick. Soo tired.) and in the evenings I am teaching a Bronze Medallion course. For those of you who do not know, this is a leadership course, for 13years and older, that will eventually lead to Lifeguarding certification.

There are a number of issues this session, but the most irritating one is the kid who talks over me, and thinks that he knows it all because he took Bronze Star. The thing is, he really doesn't. But, He does not take Constructive Criticism, or even general advice well.

I always have a one on one meeting around the middle of the course with everyone to discuss any issues, weaknesses, whatnot, that should be worked on before the exam. During his, I told him what I need to see from him (Submerged victim. You need to grab them, close their airway on the way up and the open it quickly again AS SOON as you hit the surface) and he told me, and I quote

"But I always do that."

Well, no, you don't. Otherwise, I would not have to tell you. It is sad, but I am looking forward to inevitably failing his smart ass.

Last class we were practicing rescues, and he spent 2 minutes yelling at his unconscious victim in the water.

Sigh.

PS - If you see someone floating face down in the water, they are not asleep, don't yell "CAN YOU HEAR ME?!? ARE YOU OK?!?" over and over again at them.

Le moronic Bronze Star kid is full of le stupid.

Pardon my french.
    Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Yelling at someone "LIVE DAMN YOU!" only works in the movies.
      "Always stand near the door." -- Doctor Who

Kuya's Kitchen -- Cooking, Cooking Gadgets, and Food Related Blather from a Transplanted Foodie

Comment

Quoth amphrite View Post
        Well, no, you don't. Otherwise, I would not have to tell you. It is sad, but I am looking forward to inevitably failing his smart ass.
        I think a failure or two might get him to realize he's not all that.

That is, if his parents don't come after you for failing their little precious....

^-.-^
        Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth amphrite View Post
          k:

Last class we were practicing rescues, and he spent 2 minutes yelling at his unconscious victim in the water.

Sigh.

PS - If you see someone floating face down in the water, they are not asleep, don't yell "CAN YOU HEAR ME?!? ARE YOU OK?!?" over and over again at them.
          Hey, you, at the bottom of the deep end, don't put your hair in that drain, don't pretend that your being sucked down and cant get up!

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
            I think a failure or two might get him to realize he's not all that.

That is, if his parents don't come after you for failing their little precious....

^-.-^
            I had those exact thoughts.

Quoth amphrite View Post

Yelling works for everything. Don't you read these forums?
            Excuse me, good sir paladin, can you direct me to your EVIL district?

http://www.dywhcomic.com

Comment

I think this sums up his method of lifeguarding...

Check out my webcomic!

Comment

Working...
              X