Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So the first step is admitting I have a problem... (pic)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OMG portal turret!! How much? Would you ship to the UK? I'm serious!

Also, excuse me while I squee for a while. THEY ARE SO CUTE!
    I speak English, L33t, Sarcasm and basic Idiot.

Comment

Quoth AmbrosiaWriter View Post
      Where'd you learn how to make these? I've always wanted to but I can never figure out how to google for a tutorial.
      I didn't really get a tutorial. I picked up the beads and large pegboards at a craft store, and then used MyPixelPal (website for converting images) for the patterns. Its like color by numbers, on a super tiny, easily-disturbed scale. You just match the color to the pixel spot.

Afterwards, I found these guys: http://www.reddit.com/r/beadsprites - they have tips and tricks, and a loooovely set of color charts to help you find what color you need.

If you order supplies to get started, I really recommend just ordering direct from Perler if you're in the US. (Hama if you're international.) Perler may *seem* expensive at first, but buying in bulk and using their promo codes will save you a TON in the end.
      By popular request....I am now officially the Enemy of Normalcy.

"What is unobtainium? To Seraph, it's a normal client. :P" -- Observant Friend

Comment

Also I just realized that those are sitting on your couch. THAT'S BIG!
        My Writing Blog -Updated 05/06/2013
        It's so I can get ideas out of my head, I decided to put it in a blog in case people are bored or are curious as to the (many) things in progress.

Comment

Are those HAMA BEADS?!?

OMG nostalgia...

*inches towards Hobbybarn*
          "...Muhuh? *blink-blink* >_O *roll over* ZZZzzz......"

Comment

Quoth SongsOfDragons View Post
            Are those HAMA BEADS?!?

OMG nostalgia...

They're Perler here in the US, but yeppers!

Comment

DANTE AND EZIO AND CLAPTRAP AND LINK OHMYHERDMAEEROJAPKDSOADKAOGGERDDDDD

*A*

meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee *faceplants into screen*

Well, I got to hang and cling and... ride, an Altair cosplayer this past weekend so, I'm pretty much set for the rest of the ... week... OTL

Comment

So awesome!

And hubby might be onto something with "hang them." I think a good size group of them would make a very cool mobile.

Comment

Quoth sms001 View Post
                  So awesome!

And hubby might be onto something with "hang them." I think a good size group of them would make a very cool mobile.
                  He's put a few up on the wall next to his desk with sticky tack.

They're also good magnets, I bought a stack of magnet backings, hot glue, and bam. Only thing is....our fridge cannot hold magnets. :|

Comment

Quoth Seraph View Post
                    XD thanks. Funny story, Altair/Ezio caused me SO many problems. First off, hard to find a decent sprite.
                    That's perfectly understandable. I don't know if there are any sprite-based games for the AC franchise ^_^

Ya know...his cape stretched out like that reminds me of one of my favorite characters who *is* from a sprite-based game -- Alucard from Castlevania: Symphony of the Night. Darken the color scheme & replace the hood with long white/silver hair and you're pretty much done, it may even work with the same base pattern.

Just saying, ya know?

PS is it just me or is that Thor a modified Mega Man sprite, a la Bob & George?
                    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
                      That's perfectly understandable. I don't know if there are any sprite-based games for the AC franchise ^_^

Ya know...his cape stretched out like that reminds me of one of my favorite characters who *is* from a sprite-based game -- Alucard from Castlevania: Symphony of the Night. Darken the color scheme & replace the hood with long white/silver hair and you're pretty much done, it may even work with the same base pattern.

Just saying, ya know?

PS is it just me or is that Thor a modified Mega Man sprite, a la Bob & George?
                      Alucard's actually on the list of sprites I'm going to make once I list some of these on Etsy. XP

And yes, Thor totally is a Megaman sprite. :3

Comment

No Space Marines, Eldar or Orks? Seraph, I'm heavily dissapointed in you!
                        I am the nocturnal echo-locating flying mammal man.

Comment

Oh man, I LOVE the Claptrap!
                          "English is the result of Norman men-at-arms attempting to pick up Saxon barmaids and is no more legitimate than any of the other results."
                          - H. Beam Piper

Comment

Quoth SongsOfDragons View Post
                            Are those HAMA BEADS?!?

OMG nostalgia...

They sell them down in Ausland too. Folks might want to check Lincraft.

Now I'm thinking THAT might be a fun activity to do with my kids for my last day.

I've been told to do a "Christmas craft" activity, so this works nicely. Especially since I also need to cater for two folks who don't celebrate Christmas. (A Jehovah's Witness and a Baha'i...the latter sort of floored me)
                            The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

I think you have a bidding war on your hands here already... no need for etsy! lol.

Nice work on these, love them!
                              I am so SO glad I was not present for this. There would have been an unpleasant duct tape incident. - Joi

Comment

Quoth RayvenQ View Post
                                No Space Marines, Eldar or Orks? Seraph, I'm heavily dissapointed in you!
                                I'll have to do some of those soon, LOL.

Comment

Working...
                                X