Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So the first step is admitting I have a problem... (pic)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I mentioned to my boyfriend me want of doing these because it's less expensive and labor inclusive than my cosplay (can't do cosplay until I get a good paying job...) and then I made a comment about how I found these glow in the dark beads that I could make a glow in the dark red mage with.

He went silent.

Which pretty much means, "YOU DO THIS. NAO!"
    My Writing Blog -Updated 05/06/2013
    It's so I can get ideas out of my head, I decided to put it in a blog in case people are bored or are curious as to the (many) things in progress.

Comment

Yes Seraph, you do have a problem, it's not your beading however, it's that you're a frakking walking fire hazard!
      I am the nocturnal echo-locating flying mammal man.

Comment

Quoth AmbrosiaWriter View Post
        then I made a comment about how I found these glow in the dark beads that I could make a glow in the dark red mage with.
        I want to do a glow in the dark Metroid soooo badly. So far, I've only made glow in the dark Mario mushrooms for the kidlings.

Quoth RayvenQ View Post
        Yes Seraph, you do have a problem, it's not your beading however, it's that you're a frakking walking fire hazard!
        By popular request....I am now officially the Enemy of Normalcy.

"What is unobtainium? To Seraph, it's a normal client. :P" -- Observant Friend

Comment

Quoth Seraph View Post
          ENEMY OF NORMALCY! ............................DOOM
          PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Are those Perler beads? My kid has those and they're very fun!

Comment

I want like, 5 or 6 of those. Or I may just learn to do that. Or, y'know, be distracted by the next shiny thing.

Comment

Quoth Dilorenzo View Post
                I want like, 5 or 6 of those. Or I may just learn to do that. Or, y'know, be distracted by the next shiny... SQUIRREL!
                Fixed that for you.

Can't say I'm any different. I'd love to try my hand at these, but if I picked up yet another hobby, I'd be a dead Crossbow. Too many minis to paint (and I'm looking at my next purchase....)
                "If your day is filled with firefighting, you need to start taking the matches away from the toddlers…” - HM

Comment

Quoth RecoveringKinkoid View Post
                  Are those Perler beads? My kid has those and they're very fun!
                  They are.

For those in Ausland, Lincraft has them fairly cheap...about $12.50 for a large-ish pegboard, $15 for the tubs of 3000 beads and about $4 for the packs of 1000.

If you want specific colours, Gumnut toys carries the individual colours for around $5 a pack.

Now I'm buying a pack once I've done all my car repairs and whatnot. (luckily lunch at the school is fairly cheap )
                  The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

how much for the Sailor Saturn, and the sailor moon henshin?
                    It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of the coffee bean that thoughts acquire 'tude, the lips acquire mouthiness, the glares become a warning.

Comment

Quoth fireheart View Post
                      For those in Ausland, Lincraft has them fairly cheap...about $12.50 for a large-ish pegboard, $15 for the tubs of 3000 beads and about $4 for the packs of 1000.
                      )
                      Wait, wouldn't that make buying 3000 beads as a tub more expensive than 3000 as smaller packs? Kinda backwards from the usual, is it not?
                      "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                      "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                      "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                      "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                      "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                      "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                      Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                      "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Ah, those are those plastic beads you melt with the iron to get a decorative hangy-thingy?

I'd buy Black Mage!
                        "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
                          Wait, wouldn't that make buying 3000 beads as a tub more expensive than 3000 as smaller packs? Kinda backwards from the usual, is it not?
                          Let me clarify....the 1000 bead packs are mixed packs as well. Although the primary pack (so the basic colours) is a bit more expensive. You are right though, it'd be cheaper to buy the packs than the tubs. It's cheaper to buy the primary tub though than the primary pack. (the primary pack is almost double the price of the other packs, the tubs are all the same price regardless of which one you buy though)

When I've dealt with car repairs, I plan on buying a pegboard and either some tubs or some packs.
                          The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Very awesome!
                            1129. I will refrain from casting Dimension Jump and Magnificent Mansion on every police box we pass.
                            -----
                            http://orchidcolors.livejournal.com (A blog about everything and nothing)

Comment

So my sister in law spotted my pic of the sprites and everything, and asked if it was possible to make these. Apparently she'd bought a similar one out of hard plastic, and it broke within a week. Since these are more flexible, they're resistant to breakage. I actually made two more, for my kids, and had them run about all day with them....no breaking, and they held up SPECTACULARLY. I should probably make more, after I clear out some space, LOL <.<

By popular request....I am now officially the Enemy of Normalcy.

"What is unobtainium? To Seraph, it's a normal client. :P" -- Observant Friend

Comment

Quoth Seraph View Post
                                I actually made two more, for my kids, and had them run about all day with them....no breaking, and they held up SPECTACULARLY.
                                So....they're not GONNA WRECK IT ?
                                "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                                "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                                "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                                "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                                "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                                "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                                Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                                "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Working...
                                X