Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Books. I have very many books. In shelves, in boxes, in stacks on the floor, in the bed, in the refrigerator, in the cupboard...

Bonus points for anyone who nails the reference.
    The customer is always right, but this is a public house, and you are a guest.

Comment

When I saw the thread title, I assumed my answer was going to be beer and rum.

But then I saw that you meant the obsessions that take up too much space, and I had to do some more thinking. And in the end, beer and rum still make the list!

Rum: not as bad as some of my other obsessions, as I only have about a dozen or so bottles of different rums taking up space. It could be worse.

Wine: I have a small wine bottle rack that holds about a dozen bottles, and I have more than a dozen bottles. I really need to start drinking more wine. It could be worse.

Beer: Oh lord. This is the worse I kept referring to. When the Beer Monger closed, I dropped about $400 there on three different shopping trips. While I did buy some wine and rum, the vast majority of that expenditure was on craft beer. Which I still have a ton of. Due to protestations from my roommates about the amount of room I was taking up with it, I had to get creative, and now have several liquor boxes/beer cases hidden discreetly under a corner table in the living room. In addition to the beers already in the fridge. And the several six packs in the pantry.

Two dollar bills: I have an entire section of my wallet devoted to the twos I have acquired over the years; at the moment, I think I have 41 of those suckers. But I'm not a collector, obviously, or I wouldn't keep them in my wallet. I just like them....obsessively. And yet, I never seek them out. That, in my twisted obsession, would be "cheating." After all, I could go to the bank and get tons of them. No, every single two I have was tipped to me at my job. Oh, and by the way, that 41 is after the Great Turnpike Disaster of '06, in which I was forced to spend several of my beloved twos on the Florida Turnpike when I forgot to hit an ATM and had no cash for the tollbooths, other than the twos. That one hurt. But thank goodness for Sun Pass!

Goofy hats: probably my worst obsession. The entire top shelf of my computer desk is filled, crammed, and overflowing with jester hats, foam hats, beer hats, pirate hats, santa hats, etc., etc., etc. "Just how many goofy hats do you have, Jester?" I don't know, and you don't want to.

Honoroble Mention: beer coozies. I could stock a bar.

Honorable Mention: baseball caps. If you like the Raiders, the Sun Devils, or various booze brands, I am your guy.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
      Still A Customer."

Comment

Books...movies...cds...zebra print anything (even have a lil broom and dustpan in zebra) and bunnies for lil ray.

Comment

Lots of books here too!
          I'm also a cosplayer and amateur costume designer, so I have LOTS of things related to that taking up space in my room. Leathercraft tools, fabric, all sorts of strange things.

Comment

Working...
          X