This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• roller coaster of a weekend

So friday i had a later shift so my big plan was to take a long shower and relax before work. Thatwas not to be. I got a call from lil rays school asking me to come up. They didnt want to discuss why on the phone. When i got there, the vp told me that lil ray had been getting teased by classmates about tae kwon do and in reaction had whammed herself into the wall and then said she wanted to kill herself. obviously i was horrified, because, you see, lil ray is only nine.
    then, the next day we went to the nissan dealer to pick up my new car. I think i have emotional whiplash.

*hugs* I hope things get better for little ray and for you too.
    Question authority, but raise your hand first. -Alan M. Bershowitz

Comment

*hugs*.

I think kids do do the melodramatic stuff sometimes especially when pushed so it doesn't necessarily mean much. Hopefully you guys can work out a way to help support her and kick those bullies from her list of people to listen to.
      I am so SO glad I was not present for this. There would have been an unpleasant duct tape incident. - Joi

Comment

Quoth Gizmo View Post
        *hugs*.

I think kids do do the melodramatic stuff sometimes especially when pushed so it doesn't necessarily mean much. Hopefully you guys can work out a way to help support her and kick those bullies from her list of people to listen to.
        Though childhood depression *is* also a real thing. I'd definitely still discuss it with lil ray's pediatrician just in case.
        Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

Quoth bhskittykatt View Post
          Though childhood depression *is* also a real thing. I'd definitely still discuss it with lil ray's pediatrician just in case.
          Absolutely. I definitely didn't mean don't take it seriously - apologies if it came over that way!
          I am so SO glad I was not present for this. There would have been an unpleasant duct tape incident. - Joi

Comment

Thanks y'all. Gizmo its ok...i knew what you meant.
            lil ray has an appt after the school holiday to talk to someone.

Comment

Working...
            X