This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Please use the scoop!"

I finally checked out Sprouts, a Farmer's Market similar to Whole Foods. Out in the middle of the floor are huge barrels that contains nuts of all kinds, such as cashews, walnuts, and pecans. Those barrels are where my story comes into play, with an SC sitting in his electric scooter.

Manager: "Excuse me, sir, but you need to use the scoop and not your hands."

SC: "What are you talking about?" (As if he really doesn't know!)

M: "You're using your hands to take out the nuts and you're supposed to use the scoops, like it tells you on the lids. That's very unsanitary."

SC: "But I AM using the scoop!" (No, he wasn't, because while the manager was scolding him, he had just pulled out a handful of walnuts and was dumping them into his bag with his most likely nasty, unwashed hands. I myself saw this.)

M: "I just saw you doing it, and two customers just complained to me that they saw you." (Plus, I'd seen him do it)

SC: (Just laughed and puttered off).

The manager then followed him for a bit, and I made sure I didn't visit where he'd been.

Gah! Where do these people come from?

Special Snowflake Dispatch, of course
    My son thinks I'm Lucifer Morningstar. I'm not sure he's wrong.

Comment

One of my grocery stores likes to put big barrels of nuts just outside the door, in a foyer. Why, I don't know. But I saw a guy with his son, probably around 10 years old, happily picking up a couple of nuts to take him with him. Unpaid-for, of course.
      Isn't that what they're there for??
      (grrr)

Comment

Quoth ladyjaneinmd View Post
        One of my grocery stores likes to put big barrels of nuts just outside the door, in a foyer. Why, I don't know.
        (grrr)
        To kill off all the allergic people? My local 5 Guys still has their bulk peanuts, but now it's just one bin tucked into a corner.

Comment

I ratted out some woman in the Sprouts near me last Saturday for not only not using the scoop, but giving her kids *handfuls* of the candy to eat.
          It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

"Not a big deal. It's not like there is some kind of scary virus currently going around."
            Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

That's why you charge him 5x the regular price. Let's see him laugh THAT off.

Comment

Working...
              X