Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I love that... Living in multicultural Melbourne I can get away with saying things like, " My religion doesn't celebrate Christmas." absolutely deadpan and people even apologise for it..

But people will use any kind of excuse to get away with anything they can. Heaven forbid they actually take responsibility for their own lives...
    There is no tinfoil helmet. They are reading your thoughts and there is nothing you can do to stop them.

Comment

I realize that the people who get the calls at the "additional television channel places" have a job. They are supposed to try and save customers and if possible increase the amount paid to their company each month . . .it is a business after all.
      But, come on when someone is being responsible and calls in and says . . .hey my income status has changed I need to cut back, or even cancel my subscription . . .is it necessary to try and change that persons mind.
      long story short - had a person argue with me for 3 min to not lower my plan when I was up front and said I had to take a pay cut. Enough of a hit to the pride to have to tell a stranger I couldn't afford to live like I was but, for them to argure that I should cut something else out instead . . . .that bothered me. (in the end I left the provider and went to competition who installed for free after hearing my story)

Basically - some people are responsible - give them respect when they are trying to do the right thing/ get out of a jam/ not blaming it on the holidays

Comment

Reminds me of a story my supervisor told me from when she was helping close at our sister store.

It is Quarter to Six, the shop closed at 5:30, and there is this woman BANGING on the doors, shouting. She wants to come in and buy something, is using all those excuses we know and hate, and finally finishes off by screaming "LET ME IN! IT'S CHRISTMAS!"
        At which point, S, my friend and now manager of sister store, says
        "It's not christmas yet, and even if it was we wouldn't let you in. GO AWAY!"
        Deepak Chopra says, "Fear deprives people of choice. Fear shrinks the world into isolated, defensive enclaves. Fear spirals out of control. Fear makes everyday life seem clouded over with danger.

Comment

If that happens again, just say, "Suck it up, Tiny Tim!*"

*Or Cindy Lou Who, depending.
          "I used to be Snow White... but I drifted."~Mae West

Comment

Working...
          X