Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What not to say to your health care professional..

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth CrazedClerk View Post
    I think most of mine come from reading the posts on this site
    I dreamed the other night that I was working at Wal-mart because of reading this site.
    Labor boards have info on local laws for free
    HR believes the first person in the door
    Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
    Document everything
    CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

Quoth protege View Post
      I started getting mine after I started working
      Mine: during my first holiday in retail. I never used to have bad migranes. Now, I have really bad frequent migranes during the holidays.
      At the end of the day, customers are NOT always right.

Comment

I went into the ER with so much pain I was screaming into my husband's shoulder and if I wasn't screaming I was throwing up. This is while I was very pregnant with my second son.

I was taken back and given Demarol (sp?) and something so I would stop throwing up. When the medication took affect, they wheeled me into the hallway to wait for a bed to open up, so they could observe me over night, since no one had any idea what caused this to happen to me. I was waiting in the hallway doing a whole lot better, since I was no longer in pain and no longer throwing up every few minutes.

Some guy in another room tried to make out that I was faking the whole thing, since I looked "so much better". Yeah, buddy! I scared the crap out of my three year old son, who couldn't understand what was wrong with his mommy and why she was screaming, had my husband race home scared to death that something was horribly wrong with me or the baby or both of us, waited in the waiting room, either screaming or throwing up, just so I could go ahead of YOU! Moron.
        Do not annoy the woman with the flamethrower!

If you don't like it, I believe you can go to hell! ~Trinity from The Matrix

Yes, MadMike does live under my couch.

Comment

Quoth morgana View Post
          Yeah, shingles recurs. And boy, does it suck.

And not just when you're immune suppressed. Stress can also trigger a recurrence.
          Funny, I've been a lot more stressed at various points in the last 25 years than I was in the one and only time period in which I've had shingles (yes, the diagnosis was by a competent MD ).

Since summer, I've acquired an odd stress/allergy thing: random lip swelling, ranging from a lump to having both lips double or more their normal size. Antihistamines and hydrocortisone clear it up nicely, but it's still a nuisance, especially since I've even had episodes at times when I wasn't aware of a higher-than-usual stress level.
          "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

Quoth MadMike View Post
            If I got divorced, I wonder if my migraines would be less frequent. I started getting them shortly after we started dating. Hmm...
            Joy of joys, mine are hormonally induced (4th generation on my mom's side)! Guess how often I get them! Yep, once a month. Well, I don't anymore due to the miracle of Seasonale.

Funny thing is, I had shingles and I must have a much higher tolerance for pain than I thought. They never really hurt and just itched a little. I did find out that teatree oil helps with the irritation.

The CNP I had my last poke'n'prod exam with, I don't want again. She has decided that I was somehow sexually abused because I find the position undignified! Sorry, but how is having your feet up in the air and your butt hanging off the table a dignified position for anyone?
            It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Working...
            X