This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Brynhild View Post
    I'm not one to be embarrassed by this sort of thing. Just about everyone has sex at some point, and who am I to judge the poor guy who has a good-looking, safe-sex-practicing girl waiting in his beat-up Volkswagon parked haphazardly out front?
    And the fact the SLim Jim catch prase is, "Need a little excitement?" Hey, at least he's not breeding!

Comment

Hah, it's good to work at a pharmacy. I love how nervous people are when they buy condoms. It's cute. They act like buying condoms is taboo or something. Plus, working at a pharmacy, I get a discount on them. YAY! God knows as a college kid, I need all the discounts I can get.

This reminds me, I need to make a run to the pharmacy for next weekend...
      "I've found that when you want to know the truth about someone, that someone is probably the last person you should ask." - House

Comment

I always buy condoms, at Boots in fact. Even got called a slut for doing so!
        People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
        My DeviantArt.

Comment

One of my buddies gave me a huge bag of condoms once, and I still have 1/2 a bag left. He got them from his work, since they received extra, they just asked if he wanted them. That was a couple of years ago.
          Under The Moon Paranormal Research
          San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

One of my online friends lives in UK.

Now, condoms are horridly priced in the UK, almost 2x the price of American ones. Even worse, the Magnum XL's are REALLLLLY expensive.

So, as a favor, I volunteered to purchase 6 boxes of 12 for him. This is their birth control atm, so I wanted to help.

Went online, purchased 6 boxes of 12 extra larges, had them shipped to me and promptly shipped them to him.

For about $15 less than it would cost if he purchased the 6 boxes himself.

The least I could do, eh?

Cutenoob
            In my heart, in my soul, I'm a woman for rock & roll.
            She's as fast as slugs on barbituates.

Comment

There's nothing more embarassing, in my opinion, when you go to meet the significant other's family and the grandmother swoops by all slick like, hands you two small paper bags and says "don't use 'em all now, okay?" then runs off.

I blinked, looked up at my fiancee and opened up the bag only to turn bright red and shove them into his hands.

HIS GRANDMOTHER GAVE ME 36 CONDOMS THE MOMENT SHE MET ME!

Why, oh why couldn't she have given them to him or something? I suppose she was trying to intimidate us into not having sex but... yeah, that's a whole other story.
              "The problem isn't usually that there are stupid people in the world as much as it is that the stupid people like to call or come in and point out how stupid they are to the working public" -Justa

Comment

Just a little ot note, when I was using then as birth control with a bf long ago and far away, he called them the family pack,......
                I had to get him to start calling it the anti-family pack cause well I just got an image of the typical 50's family getting the family pack :massive blush:

Jinxy who has a dirty mind
                That's just my opinion, I could be wrong" ~Dennis Miller
                http://www.myspace.com/jinxy213
                http://www.myspace.com/bgge

Comment

Quoth Tria View Post
                  And the fact the SLim Jim catch prase is, "Need a little excitement?" Hey, at least he's not breeding!
                  Of course, the rest of it is "Snap into a Slim Jim!"

Yeah, that sounds painful...

FYI, the car is not a good place to leave them. The extreme temps are not good for them. Heat can break down the latex (also in the wallet in the back pocket is not good either...at least not for extended periods of time)
                  I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                  I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                  It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth TNT View Post
                    Slim Jims -- wrapped meat.
                    Beefy Treats?!
                    Labor boards have info on local laws for free
                    HR believes the first person in the door
                    Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
                    Document everything
                    CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

I always keep one or two in my purse........you never know when a visit with a "friend" might turn out to be more than a visit!!!

I figure my purse is a safer place to store them than a wallet or car.

I get embarrassed when buying them at Wal-Mart. I always go to the self scan, even though I know the person watching the self scans knows I'm getting them. I just really really hate the Looks I get from the middle aged cashiers. Better seeing me buying a pack of condoms than me grocery shopping with a pregnant belly.

Not only that, but it's not just the man's job to buy the "meat wraps". Do any of these cashiers realize how forgetful men can be? Sheesh.

On top of that, they should mind their own business. I'm an adult and I can do whatever the hell I want with whomever the hell I want. Stop staring at the cute little blonde buying condoms.
                      You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

OMG great story!!!

I've bought a few condom packs in my time. I always seemed to have the most screwed up ones though. I buy a regular pack and somehow the condoms are messed up and they won't roll down no matter what or once when this one box had an odd odour to it and it made any guy go flat in minutes.. ugh.. oops.. ya.. just ranting about companies.. </rant>
                        Be like the flower that perfumes the very hand that crushes it.

Comment

Quoth FenigDurak View Post
                          That guy should get his girlfriend to go get them for him. I've always enjoyed the envious stares I get when I have to go retrieve...y'know? I'm going to stop right there.
                          I'm glad to say I don't have to worry about buying condoms.

I do get tickled at my b/f talking about his elder son, who isn't embarrassed in the least to buy the big mega pack . . . from what I hear, this young man should own stock in the Trojan company by now.
                          Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Some of the posts in this thread...

A looong time ago, before we had health insurance, whenever husband and I needed condoms he just stole them from his brother.

Comment

it could be worse. When I was working atthe grocery store, this guy, nervously, brought up some "regular sized" condoms to my till. I greeted him, asked him how he was, the poor guy was nervous as hell...it must have been his first time. He wasn't that young, around 18 or 19. When I was done, he asked me, quietly "Do you think these will fit a 6 inch penis?"

I had to ask him what he said to be sure I heard him right, so, he looked around and asked again. I was taken aback...but said "Uh, well...6 is like, the average size, and these are 'regular size' so...I'd assume so."

I had to close down and go to the break room to die of laughter.

Comment

They are expensive here but you can get them free from any sexual health clinic Although you have to make an appointment etc so doesn't help if you're uh, desperate as it were..

Comment

Working...
                                X