This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK, I'm officially freaked out.

Has anyone seen the newest Mike Judge movie, "Idiocracy?" It's about how, 500 years in the future, everyone is an idiot.

Apparently, speaking above a 50-IQ level is seen as a threat, and one gets gay-bashed for it.

I was depressed after the movie, because it seemed so damned PLAUSIBLE.

I was right. Everything reminds me of that freakin' movie!! It was clearly NOT about 500 years from now, it was about TODAY!

Comment

Quoth Can I Help Your A$$? View Post

Has anyone seen the newest Mike Judge movie, "Idiocracy?"

Mike Judge is a visionary.
      Last edited by Ree; 01-01-2008, 01:32 PM. Reason: Excessive quoting
      I know nothing and I can prove it!

Comment

Quoth Bright_Star View Post
        What's wrong with classical music that he had such a fit about it? Oh wait...he's a redneck...lol.
        Yeah, that's the first time I've heard of anyone complaining about classical as well. When I first saw the thread title, I figured it would be some older person complaining about rap or metal, which both seem to be at the top of the "offensive" list.

But classical? It's not my thing, but I'm not going to complain to a manager about it.
        Sometimes life is altered.
        Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
        Uneasy with confrontation.
        Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

Come on, MadMike! Join us in the ghey! You know you want to!
          Do not annoy the woman with the flamethrower!

If you don't like it, I believe you can go to hell! ~Trinity from The Matrix

Yes, MadMike does live under my couch.

Comment

jadedcarguy:
            Rahmota, quit taking things so personally. You know Brightstar wasn't referring to you.
            *sigh* Well sorry for being irritated that the terms redneck, country bumpkin and such are fashionable and in style to use as insults and degradations while city scum, city slicker and urban trash cause a major ruckus and get the user of it reported as insulting and all. A bit tiring seeing the double standard at work you know?

Sometimes a person is just a jerk and any further adjectives are unecesary and useless.

Oh well anyhow. Back to your regularly scheduled rant.

And BTW Mike Judge is an offensive no talent hack/idiot. IMO.

Comment

He may be a no-talent hack, you may be right, who am I to judge, etc etc...but was he right, or was he right?

Or are people actually brilliant now?

...if it's not offensive to someone, then it doesn't exist.

Comment

I used to teach unemployed adults with low level literacy and numeracy. Many of them ex-cons and long term dedicated exploiters of state benefits. One day, because I was fed up with the local radio station, which seems to only play the top ten over and over again, but ignoring any tracks the DJ doesn't like, I changed the channel to Classic FM. They sat there fidgeting uneasily for about 90 minutes till one of them could stand it no longer. And said, "Who put this crap on?"

It was a Mozart piece, of course. Seems inevitable really, he did some of the best crap ever.

Comment

Well I guess I am ghey also. I love classical music. It is nice to relax too.
                  Under The Moon Paranormal Research
                  San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

I'm on the other end of this. I have walked out of places because of their music. On the other hand, it was well above "background" music level, and I have trained my ears to listen to background noise (part of my job), and some music really seems to affect my personality, both for good and bad. (You can declare that to be whatever neurosis you want... I'm going to avoid self-diagnosis. I just know that I respond in odd ways to various music.)

Usually I just carry an iPod when I want to cover up background noise.

Comment

Quoth Gurndigarn View Post
                      ...........On the other hand, it was well above "background" music level..........
                      That's unacceptable regardless of what kind of music it is.
                      I know nothing and I can prove it!

Comment

Quoth Rahmota View Post
                        jadedcarguy:
                        *sigh* Well sorry for being irritated that the terms redneck, country bumpkin and such are fashionable and in style to use as insults and degradations while city scum, city slicker and urban trash cause a major ruckus and get the user of it reported as insulting and all. A bit tiring seeing the double standard at work you know?
                        And if you have a problem with the language used in a post, report it. Nothing changes without a report. Being offended in-thread changes nothing. People don't use the report button enough, but instead decide to either quietly be offended, or make it their personal mission to fix it themselves. This is why we're here people! We don't bite! Honest!
                        Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Quoth Hawkguy View Post
                          Insert obligatory smartass comment about getting into Shania Twain...
                          Thank you so much for using Shania instead of George.
                          This isn't an office. It's Hell with fluorescent lighting.

Comment

Quoth Broomjockey View Post
                            We don't bite! Honest!

::muttering to self:: Don't say it. Don't say it. Don't say it. Don't say it. Don't say it.
                            I'm bringing disdain back...with a vengeance.

Oh, and your tool box called...you got out again.

Comment

Oh, I AM sorry sir, but we don't play "The Best of Banjo Dueling."
                              You can find me on Backloggery, Facebook, Twitch, Twitter, YouTube

Comment

Quoth Bella_Vixen View Post
                                ::muttering to self:: Don't say it. Don't say it. Don't say it. Don't say it. Don't say it.
                                ok...Ill "bite".......What if we want you to bite? sorry...couldnt resist
                                "I hope we never lose sight of one thing, it was all started by a mouse" --Walt Disney

Comment

Working...
                                X