oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
    There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
    3rd shift needs love, too
    RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth Ljt09863 View Post
      Me-Is this credit or debit?
      Them- i don't care. whatever you want.

so you dont care if i do debit and give your card a service charge? fine. i personally would not want somebody else deciding how im using my card.
      If it is a store I frequent I will ask if the store has a preferred method. Often it is cheaper for stores to run debit as oppossed to credit because it avoids the Visa/MC clearinghouses, so the shop is not charged the merchant fee. For large national chains this really isn't a big deal, but when dealing with mom & pop shops it can make a difference to the profit margin.
      The only words you said that I understood were "His", "Phone" and "Ya'll". The other 2 paragraphs worth was about as intelligible as a drunken Teletubby barkin' come on's at a Hooter's waitress.

Comment

as far as the asking if any movies are good go i get a lot and i like it.

quick recap when at UNI i am vice-chair of a committee which runs a FREE dvd/video/whatever rental in the evenings. i don't get paid, but all my customers are students and i've never had a SC.

i do however get asked however fairly regularly:

what you've got that's good?
        (fair enough i work there i know every dvd we have)

i need something to watch with my friend/boyfriend/cousin/etc What movies have you got that boys like?
        (my reply, well what kind of movies do they like? crime? comedy? you get the idea, usually i give them a great film that i enjoyed but othewrwise would never go out, confidence or swordfish for example)

Do you have (insert movie here)?
        (either an immediate yes or no, if yes i show them where it is if no i put it on the list to buy immediatly)

Why don't you have any (insert name) on DVD only video?
        (do you want it? then we'll get the DVD version)

and my favourite

I'm looking for a movie, i'm not sure what it's called but.... (give vague details)
        (leads to between 3-10 people all trying to figure it out for as long as it takes, great fun)

Comment

Me: What can I get for you?

Customer: *Ignores me for a few minutes, then responds* Potato salad.

Me: Uhh...how much? Which kind?

Customer: *Stares at the sizes, then the types* I don't know, pick one.

Me: ...How much?

Customer: *stares at the sizes again, then repeats* I don't know...pick one.

me:
          Pit bull-

There is no breed of dog more in need of our compassion; in need of our call to arms on their behalf; and in need of what should be the full force of our enduring sanctuary.

Comment

Quoth Ljt09863 View Post
            Me-Is this credit or debit?
            Them- i don't care. whatever you want.
            I have to admit I do this one in a while. My bank don't charge me any "service fees" so it don't really matter.
            I've lost my mind ages ago. If you find it, please hide it.

Comment

Quoth BeckySunshine View Post
              Maybe mentioned, but I'm not sure.

Employee--"What type of bags would you like?"

Customer--"Whichever."

Employee--*bagging stuff in plastic*

Customer--"No, I want PAPER bags!!!!!!!"
              I'm kind of guilty for that . . . the cashier or bagger will ask, "paper or plastic?"

My husband and I will reply, "whichever easiest for you . . ."

Although we don't really care if they bag in plastic or paper . . . that wouldn't be annoying would it? (I've worked customer service and retail, never a cashier at a store, so I wouldn't know).
              This area is left blank for a reason.

Comment

I get a few of these.

-well they are the same thing but one comes with a seminar and there is a $300 price difference.Which one is better?

-would you like to pay over the phone or mail or fax in your order? I am not sure is one way faster.

My all time favorite

Are you a legitimate company?

Now what kind of answer am I supposed to give to that. geez
                I before E except after C. We live in a weird society

Comment

Quoth Kyree View Post
                  Me: What can I get for you?
                  Customer: *Ignores me for a few minutes, then responds* Potato salad.
                  Me: Uhh...how much? Which kind?
                  Customer: *Stares at the sizes, then the types* I don't know, pick one.
                  Me: ...How much?
                  Customer: *stares at the sizes again, then repeats* I don't know...pick one.
                  me:
                  I'd say give them the middle of the road brand, medium size. Not too nice, not too mean.
                  Unseen but seeing
                  oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                  There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                  3rd shift needs love, too
                  RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

If there's a couple ways on how to do something, I ask the customer how they want it done and some say whichever's easier. The only problem with that is that I don't know which is easier since both choices are easy for me.

One of the places that occurs is lottery. Here is a good example.

Customer-I'd like a powerball for Wednesday and Friday.
                    Me-Same ticket or separate tickets?
                    Customer-Whichever's easier for you.
                    Me-I'm OK with either one.

If the customer decides on separate tickets for both days, I use the Multi-Select button and set the machine for 2 drawings. If the customer decides to have the same ticket, I use Multi-Draw.
                    My Fanfic Page
                    My Fiction Page
                    My Social Group
                    My Pet Social Group
                    My You Tube Channel

Comment

SC - "What's a good CD to get?" *said whilst surveying the entire music department*

One of my personal favorites - "What's a good CD for a 10 year old boy?" Unfortunately, I've never been a 10 year old boy. Sorry, haven't got a clue.
                      It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

This is a little bit different to what other people have been replying with, but I hate it when customers are shopping together, and they both shove money at me at the same time to pay! So I'm supposed to decide who pays? I don't make any advances, I just say,"You decide", then wait until they come to some sort of agreement!
                        'Our brightest days are yet to shine'
                        'You see the depths of my heart, and You love me the same'

Comment

see I used to struggle with this so much in the craft store.... which wool is better, which colours should I use, which crossstitch pattern will work best our of these two totally identical packages!!

then I realised, you dont have to be honest, but you dont have to lie

they just want someone else to do the thinking for them, so pick one, pick it and say it with confidence.

should I debit or credit... debit definately sir
                          what movie is good.... the new release by charlese theron

they dont specify paper or plastic, go plastic.

as long as you look and sound confident, they will most likely believe you and get the heck outta your face!

is it a pain in the butt, yes totally, is it a valid frustration, very much so

but consider how much brainpower/time it would take them to hum and har over the choice.... so you can have them in front of you for 2 minutes, or 20 seconds. which would you prefer?
                          I wasnt put on this earth to make you feel like a man ~ Mary Bertone

Comment

I have to admit, I do this sometimes. Especially when I'm at a restaurant and I'm ordering breakfast. I can never decide what kind of toast I want. I like all three (white, wheat, rye) so sometimes I ask my server to surprise me. I guess I just like random things. The random button is practically worn out on my CD player

Comment

Quoth BeckySunshine View Post
                              I'd say give them the middle of the road brand, medium size. Not too nice, not too mean.
                              Screw that. Pitch 'em high, watch 'em buy. Pitch 'em low, watch 'em go. Unless you start off with entry-level, the customer almost never wants what you offer ("No, I don't need that much," or, "That's too expensive."). If you start at the high-end, and they talk you down (which they usually do), you'll invariably sell them on a mid-level product that they probably would not have picked on their own.

Customers are sheep. Nine times out of ten, they will pick a product because you suggested it.

---

My biggest pet peeve on customer indecisiveness:

Me: "What time is good for you to pick up your photos?"
                              SC: "I dunno. Whenever they're ready, I guess."
                              Me: "Ok. I can have them ready for you by 5 o'clock."
                              SC: "Oh, that's too late for me. Can you do them earlier?"
                              Me: "Sure. When do you need them by?"
                              SC: "I dunno."
                              Me: "How about..."

This guessing game goes on 2-3 times a day. Really gives credit to the cliché, "The customer doesn't always know what he wants, but he usually knows what he doesn't."
                              Last edited by pbmods; 08-26-2006, 02:18 AM. Reason: Forgot what I *really* wanted to post :P
                              "At any time, for any reason and without any warning, a meteor could fall from the sky and kill us all."
                              -- The Meteor Principle

Galbadia Hotel - Free Video Game Soundtrack Downloads

Comment

Me: And the size you'd like for that shirt?
                                Them: Well, what size do you wear?
                                Me: Ma'am, there is a size chart in the catalog.
                                Them: Do you even wear the clothes?
                                Me: What size would you like?
                                Cruise Ship Brilliance: "Do the elevators go to the front of the ship?"

Comment

Working...
                                X