Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

& this is where my brain leaks out my ear…

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• & this is where my brain leaks out my ear…

Just this last Tuesday we had a meeting, and amongst other things it was announced that the hotel was no longer allowing pets…no pets what-so-ever. I rejoiced. I love animals, but all too often guests have brought their pets and abuse the privilege.

Not even a week afterward, this Saturday, what to my wondering ears/eyes do I hear? At 11 pm no less? A dog…barking through the hallway. My maintenance guy even had his head poking out of the main laundry room doorway wondering why there was a dark barking…at such an hour let alone at all! I go strolling past him thinking I would find a lone dog with no owner. No…no…I see the dog heading outside on a leash with the owner, whom after they saw me staring in disbelief, then tell their pooch to “shhhhh”.

I couldn’t believe that a guest just “let” their dog bark all the way down the hall. I also couldn’t believe we had a dog in the hotel after the mentioned of no pets in the meeting.

So, I go back to my thing at the desk. I am straightening the lobby & pass the hallway to see a nearly naked guy (he was in boxers) & a lady come toting their 2 DOGS. They are about halfway down the hallway, the lady put down the dog that had been barking down the hallway…unleashed it (it was a small dog)…and it runs down the hallway into the lobby & takes over the lobby. We also serve our breakfast in the lobby. I also had a group of guests in the lobby at the time.

I was just in shock & had to say something once they were close enough to hear. I said sternly, “We can’t have a dog unleashed in the hotel. Please leash the dog at least.” The girl looks at me & says while glaring at me with distain, “ooohhh oookkaaay.” I am clearly the person working the front desk, but the guy in boxers goes there & stands there “waiting impatiently for the front desk person to help him”. I am already confused by these people & their clear uncaring attitude they are presenting to me & the other guests. So I walk up to the gentleman, “What do you need?” He turns around at me looking at me like he didn’t believe I could help him, “My key won’t work. We just came in from outside, and it worked then but it won’t let us in the room.” I respond with, “Okay, what room is it?” He tells me, and I go behind the desk & re-program the key card. And with great distain replies, “Thank you.” The partner in crime has the dog she released in her arms by this time & repeats them “Our key did not work on our door…” I reply, “I am sure sorry about that, it should work now…” She just looks at me like I peed in her Cheerios.

I officially did not consider these people my friends; I even told my replacement who was over a half an hour late.

I get to work tonight, and what to my wondering eyes should appear? A-holes with the dogs complained about…something…and received a refund on a suite even. I am left to wonder how many guests had been truly disturbed by their barking dog but instead of mentioning it decided the hotel was crap & won’t be back again. Thanks A-holes!

I am so glad the weekend crowd is gone!!!!

****UPDATE*****
    Just found a note in the managers information box...says that the A-hole guests claim that the "Night Audit" said "they could have the room half off due to the hot tub not working". If it was me they are claiming...THEY ARE F-ING LIARS! If it was my replacement...then he needs a talking to about letting people know these things! Personally, I think they were just con artists with dogs from hell.
    Last edited by thehippie777; 04-21-2008, 06:52 AM.
    When it comes to getting things done, we need fewer architects and more bricklayers. ---Colleen C. Barrett---

I am curious, what do SC's with pets normally do to abuse the pet policy? I've never stayed in a hotel that allowed pets, so just wondering?
    "I'm working for popcorn - what I get paid doesn't rise to the level of peanuts." -Courtesy of Darkwish

...Beware the voice without a face...

Comment

Well, it differs just slightly at hotels that allow pets. Most hotels that allow pets either take a deposit down or take non-refundable deposit down to cover any damages that might be caused by a pet. i.e. pet uses the room for a bathroom, chews on the furnature, or if a pet is dirty it can cause the entire room to smell like dirty pet, which means the room needs to be shampooed & cleaned & that will take the room out of service for at least a day. My hotel did not take deposits of any kind, so when a room was destroyed, they just ate the costs. We also had a rule that pets were NEVER to be left alone in the room. This is because often a lonely animal like a dog will bark or whine while the owner(s) are gone. This causes other guests to get upset, and they get their money back anytime other people are inconsiderate.
      When it comes to getting things done, we need fewer architects and more bricklayers. ---Colleen C. Barrett---

Comment

Just to be sure, though...your hotel still allows service animals, right?
        Unseen but seeing
        oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
        There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
        3rd shift needs love, too
        RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

i'm pretty sure they have to allow service animals; that's a different thing than pets, because it's a necessity.

they never took a deposit? that's asking for abuse of the policy; why can't idiots like this get bounced out on their rule breaking asses, instead of getting bowed down to? because these morons were allowed to have their way, corporate or the owners ended up with SEVERAL unhappy people and loss of more business, rather than just the loss of one fee.

not smart in any sense of the manner.
          look! it's ghengis khan!
          Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

One of my friends has a small dog (<15#) that she takes on vacations. She tries to be a good guest/pet owner. Of course, she also only goes to hotels that allow pets.

People like that ruin it for people like my friend. If she had seen them, they would have had a lot more to complain about, because she would have verbally ripped them a new one.
            I'm sorry, the person to whom you were speaking has been replaced by a recording. Please leave your message at the sound of the beep.

Comment

Am I the only one wondering why those people and their pets were not evicted from the "no longer allowing pets…no pets what-so-ever" hotel? Spineless managers?
              "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Please tell me they were allowed the pets because they had made the reservation before the policy went into effect. That is the only reason I can think of that they weren't booted right away.

Comment

Maybe but I doubt it. Cause my friend had to scramble once when the policy changed after she made her reservation. I think that they were just suck & irresponsible.
                  I'm sorry, the person to whom you were speaking has been replaced by a recording. Please leave your message at the sound of the beep.

Comment

If your hotel no longer allows pets and you know this, why didn't you tell those people to leave? Seems common sense. Customer has a pet, you don't allow pets, so customer doesn't stay at hotel.

Comment

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
                      Am I the only one wondering why those people and their pets were not evicted from the "no longer allowing pets…no pets what-so-ever" hotel? Spineless managers?
                      Nope......
                      When I said "From my research", what I actually meant to say was "Made shit up" - from a thottbot thread

Comment

Quoth BeckySunshine View Post
                        Just to be sure, though...your hotel still allows service animals, right?
                        It is against the law to not allow service pets. But, in my 6 years working here, have never had anyone stay overnight at the hotel that had a service pet. Those animals are trained extremely well, however, so as to not have issues & make the law to allow them completely fair.

Comment

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
                          They make exceptions when people beg or demand that they be allowed to stay with pets. Let's get it clear, they are after $$$$$$$$$$...this is why managers become spineless.

UPDATE AGAIN
                          My replacement Night Auditor did not tell these people they could get the room at half off...he was rather surprised that they claimed such a lie. I hope to make sure these people NEVER stay here again.

Comment

Quoth CanadaGirl View Post
                            If your hotel no longer allows pets and you know this, why didn't you tell those people to leave? Seems common sense. Customer has a pet, you don't allow pets, so customer doesn't stay at hotel.
                            They had already been checked into the hotel....obviously someone allowed them to check in. Odds are Management was aware since they had been checked in during the late morning initially.

Comment

Quoth thehippie777 View Post
                              They had already been checked into the hotel....obviously someone allowed them to check in. Odds are Management was aware since they had been checked in during the late morning initially.
                              Damn spineless jellyfish.

Comment

Working...
                              X