This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth EricKei View Post
    While they may have to follow the laws of NYC (etc), NOT the ones of your home jurisdiction
    Cite your source? As far as I've seen, Judge Judy and Judge Milian both hold the litigants to the laws in their own jurisdictions, even going so far as to take recesses to look it up/verify with officials in said jurisdiction.
    Now, I'd like to digress from my prepared remarks to discuss how I invented the terlet...

Comment

Quoth veniteangeli View Post
      Judge Judy and Judge Milian both hold the litigants to the laws in their own jurisdictions
      Hrm. Good point. I may have been mistaken on that, tho I have evidence for the others. I may have been thinking of an earlier version of such shows, tho I do seem to recall certain ones mentioning something like that, looong ago. Mea culpa.

One factoid I turned up is that JJ is filmed in Hollywood, CA, but they go out of their way to make it look like it's in NYC, which was where she worked when she was a Judge.

PS, note that the dollar amounts I mentioned above are pulled from whole cloth.
      "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
      "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
      "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
      "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
      "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
      "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
      Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
      "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
        Hrm. Good point. I may have been mistaken on that, tho I have evidence for the others. I may have been thinking of an earlier version of such shows, tho I do seem to recall certain ones mentioning something like that, looong ago. Mea culpa.

One factoid I turned up is that JJ is filmed in Hollywood, CA, but they go out of their way to make it look like it's in NYC, which was where she worked when she was a Judge.

PS, note that the dollar amounts I mentioned above are pulled from whole cloth.
        Judge Judy also worked family law in FL as well as NY.

Comment

Working...
        X