This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow. Just wow.

Like others have said, write EVERYTHING down. Get statements from your witnesses. Back yourself up completely. Ask to see the security camara evidence and then write all that down.

Do not let this bitch win.

Comment

If you are fired sue both the corporation and the woman

Comment

I'm going in to work an hour early to do everything I need to do and say everything I need to say, after that it's up to the union to decide what to do. I'll make sure to update you guys if anything happens and I'll try to post as soon as I can, wish me luck.
        ......../\
        ....../__\
        ..../\...../\
        ../__\../__\

Comment

Good luck. I hope everything turns out better than you expected it to and you were worrying for nothing.
          Question authority, but raise your hand first. -Alan M. Bershowitz

Comment

Talk to your boss about it. Also remember that customers saying they're going to get an employee fired is a weekly thing, at least. It could be more often.

People can be completely unreasonable and downright insane, and for some reason think they can have an employee fired just because a customer wants them to be fired for being unable to violate the laws of physics in the customer's favor.

What usually happens is they go bonkers and write up huge complaints, the people handling the complaints make soothing noises until the idiot goes away, everyone has a laugh at the idiot, and then things continue on like normal.

But do write down everything that happened just to be thorough. Your boss does need to get both sides of the story.

Comment

I got everything I needed to done with my union rep right there, nobody at store level wants me fired and they are willing to fully back me up with my statement, the witness, and the video evidence. I was given a "verbal write up" because I was confrontational with the customer when I should've been silent. However I know she called corporate and they've called people in over some really dumb stuff, a couple of years ago there was a guy who got called in over saying the word "stuff" and "what he might or might not have been thinking" nothing happened with him but my complaint involves kids so that might screw me over. Nothing is happening yet, and I seriously wish I never see or hear any of them ever again.
              ......../\
              ....../__\
              ..../\...../\
              ../__\../__\

Comment

Even if they write you up and not fire you.. I would still go after the customer for lying, as there was damage.

Comment

I've got some "stuff" I'd like to say to these corporate pinheads. Unlike the guy they called in for saying "stuff," though, they won't have to try to figure out what I'M thinking.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                  Still A Customer."

Comment

If you haven't done it yet, don't sign the write up. Signing is an admission of guilt and I don't see how telling the kids to stop an unsafe activity or how trying to explain the truth to the mother is "confrontational". Sounds like the company is doing the write-up as a CIYA-type move in case it escalates further. You're not at fault - don't sign it.
                    A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

So after more talking with Charlie after he came in it turns out the guy he told me about was him, and that "a couple of years ago was 23 years. He told me to come find him before I leave so he could tell me everything, I also found out from J that she stuck around the customer service counter telling everyone she could about how horrible I was and that I deserved to be fired. She only called the store once and that was this morning at 8 something and talked to Gessner, he wouldn't tell me what she said but I think I can guess. I think I said this before but if she and those kids come in again I won't talk to them and won't serve them, the last thing I need is her accusing me of selling rotten fish. And a "verbal write up" isn't actually a paper write up, it's a very stern talking to with a warning not to do it again.
                      ......../\
                      ....../__\
                      ..../\...../\
                      ../__\../__\

Comment

If they're stupid enough to fire you over this, I hope the next time someone acts like an idiot in the store that someone gets hurt and sues the shit out of them.

Comment

The fact you even got a "stern talking-to" is ridiculous enough. Your management sounds like a bunch of spineless twits -- employees are damned if they do and damned if they don't.

Comment

A quote-unquote stern talking-to means nothing as far as job security is concerned. It's when things start being put on paper that you have to worry.
                            Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

I'm glad you didn't get fired for it and that the store would back you up on this bitchy SC. But I have to say the verbal warning you got for "being confrontational instead of silent" when dealing with the SC was just ridiculous to be really honest.
                              I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
                              Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
                              Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

I support what everybody else said here. Just wanted to throw in one more thought. I hope your union rep is backing you up 100%. If not, politely but sternly point out that the union has a DUTY to represent you and that you have a strong case in your favor. Don't let them drop the ball.
                                When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Working...
                                X