X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *whine* hives

Damnit damnit damnit.

I went in for a gastroscopy last week. Everything went well. But .. now I have hives.

Tuesday was the gastroscopy. Thursday I was hunting for the 'soove' to ease what I thought was mosquito bites.

By today, I'm utterly miserable.

The only out-of-the-ordinary thing that's happened is the gastroscopy.

I don't want this.

I really, really hate this.
    Seshat's self-help guide:
    1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
    2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
    3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
    4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Can you take some benydril?
    "Of all the liars in the world, sometimes the worst are your own fears." – Rudyard Kipling

I don't have hot flashes. I have short, private vacations to the tropics.

Comment

I already take antihistamine on a daily basis.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Up to an oatmeal bath? I hear they work wonders but it might not be an option because of mobility issues. (Thinking aloud) Maybe putting some in a delicates bag and using it as a washer/flannel in a cool shower might help? The weather at the moment doesn't help.
        Don't tempt pixies, it never ends well.

Avatar created by the lovely Eisa.

Comment

Poo! Hydrocortisone cream? I hate itchies.
          In my heart, in my soul, I'm a woman for rock & roll.
          She's as fast as slugs on barbituates.

Comment

Mishi: I have some stuff called 'pinetarsol' which is very effective at treating itches. I'm using that; but thank you for the oatmeal idea.

Der Cute: got that. Using it when the soothing-effect from the pine-tar bath fades.

Seeing the doctor tomorrow. I'll be taking in a bracelet from the hospital, so she has the reference ID and can get a list of the drugs they used on me from them.

Comment

I second the oatmeal bath thing. Its disturbingly amazing. Just try and refrain from adding maple syrup, butter, and cinnamon. <.<

Hope you feel better soon Seshat, that sucks to hear. Hopefully they figure out what drug caused it quickly.
              By popular request....I am now officially the Enemy of Normalcy.

"What is unobtainium? To Seraph, it's a normal client. :P" -- Observant Friend

Comment

Thread necromancy:

Well, we think we've figured it out.

We think I'm allergic to a cheap cheezey (as in, not-real-cheese) snack food that we sometimes get. Yay.

Comment

OMG noooo, not the spray cheese. :<

That really sucks, Seshat
                  By popular request....I am now officially the Enemy of Normalcy.

"What is unobtainium? To Seraph, it's a normal client. :P" -- Observant Friend

Comment

Working...
                  X