This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This school thing just might work!

Ok... so I can't make an official announcement (which in my world means posting it on Facebook) until I've gotten the chance to share the news with my mentors in the next couple of weeks, but I'm about to come apart with excitement, so, I'm sharing my news here!

To sum things up, I'm working on a degree that will give me a lot of flexibility, but my top three choices of career are dependent on getting certified as medically able to do the job. My doctor and my professional mentor think I'm in good shape, but I had brain surgery to repair a rare birth defect that used to be considered degenerative and potentially fatal, back before God invented dirt, when the policies were written. So getting the overseeing authority to agree, ehh... it's going to be an interesting challenge.

But, today, I got a letter from my neurosurgeon, to the overseeing authority, which states that, "This is a condition that in most cases is completely curable, and Maria has had no signs or symptoms since I treated her nearly ten years ago. I consider her cured of the condition and there is no expectation of need for subsequent treatment."

I'm okay with the career options that don't have a medical requirement, and I won't get the final decision until January 2013 at the earliest (ugh!) but that letter, hanging on the refrigerator, is the first bit of hope that my "wildest fantasy" career just might work out, after all!!

I remember you posting about this before, I think, and I'm excited for you! Sometimes medical stuff gets in the way, and sometimes it doesn't! (hee hee--how's that for profundity?
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Quoth Food Lady View Post
      Sometimes medical stuff gets in the way, and sometimes it doesn't! (hee hee--how's that for profundity?
      Play with it a bit and it'd be great on a gravestone.

"Sometimes medical stuff doesn't get in the way...and sometimes it does!"
      Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

omg LOL, Irv--you're makin' me giggle tonight
        "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Yay! So excited for you. Congrats!
          Driver Picks the Music, Shotgun Shuts His Cakehole.
          Supernatural 9-13-05 to forever

Comment

Working...
          X