This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time for a new watch methinks.

Wow, didn't think I would get a new thread in here again.

Bit of a background. My job is an IMAC (Install, Move, Add, Change) Technician. My job is to modify existing computer setups that you usually find in various businesses. The work is usually done after hours so as not to disrupt operations and as such, rarely interact, let alone deal with the businesses customers. Last night was no exception on the first part.

I was in a grocery store upgrading their register computers and the store closed at 11:00pm. I was checking on an outlier register (essentially one not at the front end) when a store customer approached me. Bear in mind this was a quarter after 11.

SC: Where is everyone?
    Me: The store is closed.
    SC: But they don't close until 11.
    Me: :Checks watch: it's a quarter past 11 now.
    SC: But my watch says 9:30.
    Me: Yeah, the stores been closed for a few minutes now. They announced it a few times.
    SC: Well I'm just looking for a cell phone adaptor. You don't work here do you?
    Me: No, I'm here to do a system upgrade for the store.
    SC: Oh, guess I'll keep looking I guess. :walks off:

Either the guy REALLY has trouble with time, was stoned or both. My money is on both.
    I AM the evil bastard!
    A+ Certified IT Technician

Definitely sounds like he was out of it. At least he didn't get rude and angry.

But question: How was he still in the store? And did he stay in the store after your conversation? And does this grocery store even sell cell phone adapters?

Comment

Weird. So what did he expect you to say?? "Oh my gosh, you're right! The store closed an hour and a half early!"
      When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth LuvianBlue View Post
        But question: How was he still in the store? And did he stay in the store after your conversation? And does this grocery store even sell cell phone adapters?
        - Same as anyone else. He was in before the store officially closed but apparently didn't hear the announcement.
        -He walked off down an aisle. I went off to another section and hadn't seen him since. There was an announcement later that anyone still in the store was not getting their purchases put through. I imagine he either was out before then or he rushed to the front lanes at that point.
        -I'd lay pretty good odds on it. The company's been converting their main stores from straight grocery to a more multi purpose store. There's a clothing line there, pharmacy, optical, and electronics in addition to the regular food and home utility items.

Quoth MoonCat View Post
        Weird. So what did he expect you to say?? "Oh my gosh, you're right! The store closed an hour and a half early!"
        I imagine so. I don't think he believed me when I told him.
        I AM the evil bastard!
        A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

I (used to) have a watch like this...

http://www.amazon.com/01-The-One-Sam...e+binary+watch

I think I still have it. I think it's in my garage in a box.
          Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Comment

Working...
          X