Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm pretty sure that's not what the name means ...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm pretty sure that's not what the name means ...

We have a product (imported) in our store that includes the noun 'monkey' in the name.

Customer: "Is that a slur on the workers?"

Me:

Yeeeahhh, because, you know, that would be such a great selling point, to have an openly racist name on a product ...

The really bizarre part was the look of scornful disbelief she gave me when I explained the real reason behind the name. I'm sure she left more than ever convinced that we had given the product that name as a jibe at the workers.

The only product I can think of that has monkey in it is Anti Monkey Butt, lol. We had a container of it kicking around the store since long before I started, someone actually bought it a few months ago, prolly for a laugh.

Comment

OMG, that's funny, but that's not it. What exactly is that, anyway??

Comment

Quoth Pixilated View Post
        We have a product (imported) in our store that includes the noun 'monkey' in the name.

What the crap is wrong with some people

Comment

OMG, that's funny, but that's not it. What exactly is that, anyway??
          It's a powder for chafing, lol

Comment

Quoth PastryGal View Post
            The only product I can think of that has monkey in it is Anti Monkey Butt, lol. We had a container of it kicking around the store since long before I started, someone actually bought it a few months ago, prolly for a laugh.
            Or something from Think Geek.
            Sometimes "monkey" has nothing to do with race and everything to do with geek.

Comment

I gave my hubby that for Xmas a few years back, as a joke. I think he would benefit from using it occasionally
              Smile, or I'll smack you silly!
              At what age does a vampire become a crazy old bat? :[

Comment

The only slur I can think of that uses monkey has it following the word porch. And I haven't seen that used in about 50 years.
                "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth tilly101 View Post
                  What the crap is wrong with some people
                  Only thing I can think of is that some people are determined to ferret out insults and offending comments -- even if they have to cobble them together out of whole cloth.

It's a powder for chafing, lol

Comment

Working...
                  X