Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Things customers learn in the electronics dept.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Things customers learn in the electronics dept.

We live in a society where the majority of people have access to certain technologies without the intellect to properly handle them. Fortunately, I here at the electronics department of your friendly neighborhood redshirt store can educate the masses about what's what.

1. Despite what the sign says, you'll only get about 200 songs out of that 1GB of memory in your iPod.
    2. Yes, 200 is a lot of songs.
    3. 720p? 1080i? Just gimme the one that's cheaper!
    4. No, kid, you're not getting that M-rated game.
    5. No, not even if you bribe me.
    6. If it's in the flyer, we're probably sold out of them.
    7. And I need more rainchecks.
    8. No, there are no Wiis.
    9. No, I don't know when the Wiis are coming in.
    10. No, none of the other stores in the area have any Wiis either.
    11. However, we do have a huge stock of Playstation 3's.
    12. Repeatedly pressing that fast service button doesn't make me run any faster.
    13. No, war sim games are not appropriate for an eight year old's birthday present.
    14. Or Grand Theft Auto.
    15. If you find a DVD in the right place, you've accomplished a miracle.
    16. Kid, I hope you enjoy licking that glass I just cleaned.
    17. Believe it or not, there are in fact more than one size and shape of printer ink cartridges.
    18. As per to 17, it's impossible to discern which printer ink you need if you don't at least know the model of printer you use.
    19. Course, there's no excuse, as just about every printer nowadays has the type of ink cartridges it needs displayed on its case somewhere.
    20. A cell phone hasn't made you smart, cool, important, or popular since 1998. Stop acting like it.
    21. If it's good, it's probably next door at the office supply store.
    22. SanDisk != Memory Stick Duo != xD != Compact Flash
    23. No, that $50 DVD player you just bought won't play BluRay.
    24. Or HD-DVD.
    25. Forget the inner workings, memory size, and functionality of MP3 players, this iPod is better because it's blue.
    Last edited by cpux; 06-18-2007, 06:35 PM.
    Desk-On: Apply directly to the forehead.

Quoth cpux View Post
    Ran into this one myself just this past Saturday. I figured, "Hey, it's been over 6 months since Christmas, they should have some!" I went to 7 stores, not one had them. I'll have to admit, I was shocked to learn that each store only received 6-12 at a time. Classic. Keep the supply low, so the demand is high and prices can stay up.

So, I decided to go the route I've always taken when it comes to game consoles. Now that the Wii is out, the price on the Gamecube is only $99. That leaves plenty to get a few games (Most are $20 or less now), all for the same cost I would have paid just for a Wii console. So, I will wait. When Nintendo comes out with their next big console, Wiis will go on sale. Then I'll snatch one up.
    A fact of life: After Monday and Tuesday, even the calendar says W T F.....

Comment

By the by, IT Grunt, I love my Gamecube. It is my baby, and I love Eternal Darkness and a number of the other available games, including all the Zelda ones.
      "In the end I was the mean girl/or somebody's in between girl"~Neko Case

“You don't need many words if you already know what you're talking about.” ~William Stafford

Comment

Quoth cpux View Post
        25. Forget the inner workings, memory size, and functionality of MP3 players, this iPod is better because it's blue.
        Or, in the words of Steve Jobs: "Collect the entire set!"

Comment

12. Repeatedly pressing that fast service button doesn't make me run any faster.
          In fact, it makes me run slower!

16. Kid, I hope you enjoy licking that glass I just cleaned.
          My cat was doing this to our glass coffee table last week. I guess he likes Windex...Blech!

Hey, mine's blue ! But it doesn't know how to swim.
          I don't go in for ancient wisdom
          I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
          It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth IT Grunt View Post
            "Hey, it's been over 6 months since Christmas, they should have some!"
            I buy my Sunday newspaper in the early edition on Saturday. It has the Sunday ads in it, and I can see who has Wiis for sale the day before they're put out.

I haven't bought one yet, but I'm kind of hoping that when we do get one, I'll get to take over the Gamecube (I have Eternal Darkness, Summoner: the Goddess Reborn and Buffy: Chaos Bleeds sitting on my shelf getting dusty).
            Labor boards have info on local laws for free
            HR believes the first person in the door
            Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
            Document everything
            CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

26. For the LAST TIME, it's "SanDisk" NOT "ScanDisk."
              27. "Memory Stick" is a type of memory card used in Sony products, not a flash drive. Please do not get huffy with me when I ask a simple question to clarify your needs.
              28. Yes, that really is the price.
              29. Yes, "out of stock" means "out of stock."
              30. "Do you have any Garmin GPSs?"
              "Yes, I have model X."
              "The one I was interested in is Model Y. Where is that one?"
              Answer:

31.No, this PC does NOT come with Microsoft Office. Only a TRIAL version.
              32. No, NONE of them do.
              33. No, you do not get it for free with a new PC.
              34. No, Best Buy does NOT sell PCs with a full version of Office pre-installed for no extra charge.
              35. Why? Because Microsoft doesn't allow it!
              36. No, we do NOT have any PCs with XP on them.
              37. Nope, that one doesn't have XP on it.
              38. Nope, not that one either. None of them do.
              39. No, we do NOT have any PCs with XP!!! If I had one, I'd gladly sell it to you.
              40. Feel free to purchase a copy of XP with your new Vista laptop. No, it won't work, but you can still buy it. ANde by the way, software is NOT refundable once it's open, and that includes XP.
              41. No, we do not carry games.
              42. We don't carry games, so NO we don't have that Star Wars game here.
              43. Running an auto-restore on a display PC, thus wiping out all the store demo stuff is NOT ALLOWED! (Yes, this has actually happened. How this butthole did it without the admin password is beyond me)
              44. No, you may NOT bring in your memory card and print out 50 pictures on my demo printer. Pay the Copy Center to do it or GTFO.
              45. I am an Electronics Associate, not an Office Supplies Associate. Therefore, I will ignore pages for OS assocaites to come and help you. I have my own custoemrs to help. Please do not get pissed when you see me "doing nothing" instead of helping you.
              46. No, I will not let you hold that $300 hard drive/camera/GPS/whatever. If oyu wish to purchase, I will leave it at Customer Service.
              47. No, I do not have a replacement power supply for your laptop. I suggest that you NOT LOSE YOURS IN THE FIRST PLACE YOU IDIOT!!!!!
              48. No, I do not know how to install a toner cartridge in your unspecified 5 year old laser printer. Call Lexmark.
              "We guard the souls in heaven; we don't horse-trade them!" Samandrial in Supernatural

RIP Plaidman.

Comment

Quoth IT Grunt View Post
                When Nintendo comes out with their next big console, Wiis will go on sale. Then I'll snatch one up.
                So you mean you're willing to wait until the year 2011 to get a Wii?

Comment

6. If it's in the flyer, we're probably sold out of them.
                  How true. I had about 3 people ask me about a certain tent we had in our ad flyer that we sold out of yesterday. Plus somebody else asking me about a Rodeo Golf (aka Donkey Balls)game that was pictured in the ad and has been sold out since last week.

My store has neither. I can't recall the last time we got PS3s in.

30. "Do you have any Garmin GPSs?"
                  "Yes, I have model X."
                  "The one I was interested in is Model Y. Where is that one?"
                  My answer: "Not here."
                  Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

I've waited since the early 90's for NBC to get a suitable host for the Tonight Show and still have 2 years to wait. The 4 year wait for the Wii is childsplay.
                    This isn't an office. It's Hell with fluorescent lighting.

Comment

Quoth Dave1982 View Post
                      40. Feel free to purchase a copy of XP with your new Vista laptop. No, it won't work, but you can still buy it. ANde by the way, software is NOT refundable once it's open, and that includes XP.
                      To be fair you can uninstall vista... i did... then installed XP
                      Last edited by protege; 06-19-2007, 03:46 PM. Reason: fixed the quote thingie

Comment

You know, if it came to that (buying two OSes), I'd just put up with Vista. Not pay for XP all over again...
                        I think, therefore I am. But I am micromanaged, therefore I am not.

Comment

Quoth bigjimaz View Post
                          I've waited since the early 90's for NBC to get a suitable host for the Tonight Show and still have 2 years to wait. The 4 year wait for the Wii is childsplay.
                          Actually, you don't need to wait that long. PS2's, Gamecubes and Xboxes all dropped something like 50% in price after about 2 years of being released, and haven't dropped much further since.

I'm personally gonna wait until the market hits saturation, and we've had a few iterations of the hardware to work the bugs out (Y'know, Xbox's exploding, Wii controllers flying out of hands and smashing TVs, Playstation 3's causing any game developer thinking of creating a decent game for the platform to burst into flames, etc)
                          Check out my webcomic!

Comment

Quoth Estil View Post
                            You're asking this of a guy who hasn't bought a game console since 1999. (Which was a Nintendo 64 at the time.) I have great patience.
                            A fact of life: After Monday and Tuesday, even the calendar says W T F.....

Comment

I still have my NES.

Oh, and I need one of those Duo-giga-Trans-Stick-Mini-xD-SD-stick? My camera's manual specifically (or, Pacifically, for some odd reason) says that's the one that I need.

Yes, that is exactly what my manual says.

I do know what I'm talking about.

Can I get someone more intelligent?

As for the Wii, you do realize it is the largest market / advertising manipulation campaign ever? Yes, Nintendo can punch out a few million units (probabaly already have) but they won't to keep the supply down so they can keep the prices, demand, and hype up.
                              Quote Dalesys:
                              ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

Working...
                              X