This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Customers whining about refit

At *supermarket*, there's currently refitting going on. The salad bar, meat and fish and deli are all going to be jazzed up, the shop floor itself is being revamped and the tills are going to be upgraded. The carpark is also getting sorted out.

Now, while some of that can be done while the shop is open, most of it's going to be done while the shop is closed for a week. This is where we get the whingers, who can't bear to think that the supermarket is going to be closed for a week... even tho there's 5 other *supermarket*s in the area! Plus, we've had people whining about the things that the refit's going to sort out for so long, you'd think they'd be grateful that something's finally being done, but no. -__-
    People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
    My DeviantArt.

Try doing a remodel while the store is still open, like we did two years ago. Whole departments picked up and moved in one night thanks to the magic of gondola movers, dust and dirt on the floors from cutting gondolas down, merchandise jammed wherever we can fit it because it's going to be moved before too long, people brought in from other stores to assist with setting merchandise.

Every day--where's this? Where's that? I hate it when you change everything around! I'm never shopping here again!

Even when we do smaller moves like planogram resets, people get pissed off when stuff gets moved.
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

My local supermarket was refitted a few years ago while it was open and every time I went in things were in a different place. I didn't complain to the staff though.

I knew if I went to a different store, I'd have just as much trouble finding stuff. So I stayed at my local store, which was a lot less crowded (apart from the shop fitters).
      "I can tell her you're all tied up in the projection room." Sunset Boulevard.

Comment

And here, I went to Meijer when I got off work the other night to *finally* do my grocery shopping, and I didn't mind the construction at all--just tried to stay out of their way. Granted, it was after midnight...
        "In the end I was the mean girl/or somebody's in between girl"~Neko Case

“You don't need many words if you already know what you're talking about.” ~William Stafford

Comment

My bookstore is on the main road, which the council are currently 'fixing' (looked fine to me before). They are spending $NZ10,000,000 (about 7.6 million $US), and it is going to take 18 months to complete. All along the street are signs with all this info and 0800 (free phone in NZ) numbers to call with complaints.
          Every day, someone complains about the noise or the dirt or how narrow the foot paths (sidewalks) are, or something else in regards to the construction.
          18 months.
          Complaining every day.

ITS NOT MY FAULT - SOD OFF

please
          "I'm trying to manufacture sincerity." - Simon (Teachers)
          "Ok, you have to stop the Q-tip when there's resistance!" - Chandler (Friends)

Comment

My store is getting a massive remodel next month - they're spending a bit over US $1 million on it.

We'll be open the entire time as well, but my department is getting the majority of the remodel. They're encouraging everyone in my department to take vacation time during the remodel.. except I only have 2 days of vacation time, and the remodel is taking 2 weeks. There's some people in my dept who have a month of paid vacation saved up (not hard - 1 1/2 to 2 years will do it, I'll have over 2 weeks once I hit my 1 year mark and I'm at 7 months now).

I'm hoping they'll let me switch to a 10/4 schedule during the remodel (10 hour shifts 4 days a week, instead of my normal 8/5). I'd actually prefer that kind of schedule on a more permanent basis anyway, it would make it a lot easier for me to do a second job.

Comment

Reminds me of the time the apothecary next to us was getting a refurb.

There are tales of terror of my encounters with the staff of the beauty parlour, but one of the absolute classic moments was when I was by myself and one of the minions came in.

"Our clients are paying to have a peaceful and relaxing time! You're going to have to stop that drilling!"

I blinked and looked around at the racks of fruit and veg. "What drilling?" I asked, wondering where the tools were. Oh, she was right in front of me...

"Well, it's the people above you, the chemist. You're going to have to stop them from all that banging and drilling."

I peered at her and wondered just how much daylight made it from ear to ear. "That's not us. It's the chemist next door. The unit above us is leased by your employer."

"?" she asked, prettily, but stupidly.

I took her outside and showed her how her employer's unit was above ours. I then pointed to the apothecary next door. "That's where they're having a refurb."

"Well, you're going to have to go in and tell them to stop, then!"

"No."

"No?" She was somewhat offended at this point.

"I'm by myself and I cannot leave, but you apparently have plenty of time to waste and staff to cover your absence. Besides, it's not bothering me, just like all the banging and clattering didn't bother me when you had your place refitted."

She left and noticeably didn't go to the apothecary to tell them to stop.

It's no wonder I had many run-ins with that set of tossers.

Rapscallion

Comment

A few years ago when I lived with my parents there was a car repair shop being constructed nearby from the ground up. This ground was on swamp so some machines had to be used for this obviously. This car shop is a few streets away from us and I should mention that the houses in the area are old homes dating as far back to the 1800s (My parents goes back to the 1920s) which usually meant no air conditioning in them so we'd just open our windows. There was this one machine for a good 6 weeks every weekday Monday through Friday from 7 AM to 6 PM would go on and on without stop. It pretty much annoyed the entire neighborhood because A. Some of us work late and we sleep in late and it woke us up and we always had a hard time trying to sleep. B. It was giving some people headaches. We (The Neighborhood) pretty much complained to the town council about it and they were told to start their work at 9 AM.
                The Grand Galactic Inquisitor hears all and sees all.

Comment

We are going to be refitting the shop. We are adding a coffee shop in the store. I will be in charge of that area. But, we already changed a few things. We took out the orginial X-Box, PS2, Game Cube. Now we have a the X-Box 360 & PS3. Soon to be added is the Nintendo Wii. Ofcourse our prices for the game time, have gone up. So ofcourse we get people saying they are not coming back. And then, they come back withen the next few days.
                  Under The Moon Paranormal Research
                  San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

Up in Phoenix, they have been working on Interstate 10 and 17 since I came to Arizona almost 35 years ago. I am not the sharpest pencil in the box, but would it not be better to dig the hole, everyone does their bit of work, then pour the new concrete? But noooo, that makes sense. They pour new concrete, then two weeks later, Southwest Gas tears it up to put in new mains. Then, no sooner have they laid new concrete, Arizona Public Service pulls their trucks in and tears up the street to lay new power lines. Apparently, road maintenance in Phoenix is a career, ROFLMAO.

Comment

Ah, when our store was remodelled (although not closed, just sections shut off one at a time) it conincided with the remodel of the rival supermarket. Being the only two large supermarkets in the area that was a bit of a nightmare. But it was funny to hear customers getting annoyed at you for the "inconvience", and suggest to them maybe they'd like to try rival supermarket? then they would go all sheepish and say "oh. well no, its actually worse there"

Comment

The Safeway near me underwent a refit recently, and it was a tad annoying having everything move around, however, the staff was great at knowing where it was moved to, so I could still get everything I needed, and the store looks about 100x better now

Now if they could just keep that stupid water refill station fixed...
                        Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Working...
                        X