This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
    That's not odd at all. Silver coins have a distinctly pleasant chime, especially compared to clad coins. I have a small collection of silver dimes and quarters, and I like bouncing the quarters because of the way they ring. Clad coins just sound "dull."

^-.-^
    Odd to us, because he's the only guy here that does that. Plus he can tell the difference between a Sackie, a Susie, and the Prez coins.

Comment

I don't know what the Prez coins are, but a Sackie has an interesting thunk sound, and the Susie is a lot like a quarter only somehoe more-so. I used to have a full roll of Susies, but had to spend them in a time of need.

^-.-^
      Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

I don't understand...what if every SC in the world got money/free things for lying? Wouldn't it harm business profits? Tales like this really annoy me.
        No longer a flight atttendant!

Comment

Quoth PrincessKatieAirHostess View Post
          I don't understand...what if every SC in the world got money/free things for lying? Wouldn't it harm business profits? Tales like this really annoy me.
          I guess it depends on how ignorant the manager is!
          Providing Excellent customer service and Filtering out nonsense people.

Comment

Maybe I'll go lie and get a gift card.
            Just kidding.
            For the most part, I don't care about what everyone else is doing, or what is popular.
            -Namie Amuro (Japanese singer)

Comment

And, what's to say this woman then didn't go home and tell all of her friends and family about what she did? Sooner or later, each and every store is going to have to have a camera at the register, zeroed in on the cashier's hands and the customer's to avoid crap like this.

I keep asking that question, too. Why would you withdraw any money from your bank account if you wanted to redeposit it later?

I can only hope that this woman is not welcomed back into your store. There's a good chance she has pulled this stunt before at other stores as well and will do so again, I'm sure.

Comment

This thread makes me want to go to my favorite store, get $100 or so cash back, then claim I didn't get $40 of it so I can get a free gift card, too!

Comment

Imo, this sort of thing happens because of the few cashiers who *do* pocket money. I'm not at all saying that's what happened in this case--obviously it didn't--but it does happen, and scammers know it happens, and use that fact to get more money out of a store or company, mainly (again imo) because most stores will assume clerks are guilty until proven innocent.

And yes, I've had a clerk deliberately short-change me. She tried to give me change for a $5 when I had given her a $20. It ended up with her getting fired on the spot by the manager. Apparently she had pulled the switcheroo a few times before this and gotten complaints from customers; the manager had told her if she got another complaint she would be gone. I guess the temptation to scam was just too much for her. It's the only time it's ever happened to me though, and I've been a member of the shopping public for some time now I know that in general the cashiers who take care of my order are trustworthy and do their best to make sure everything is done properly.

I really wish companies wouldn't cave on this stuff. It's inevitably the people on the front lines--clerks, cashiers, CSRs, etc--who have to deal with the fallout on 'no hassle' policies. And get blamed for shrink, ya you betcha! Bah.

Comment

As I posted in another thread, even after I warned the service manager about the customer being as crooked as a dog's hind leg, he allowed the customer to walk out with over $400in merchandise he claimed was to replace stuff he had had burn up in the trunk of his car, due to a faulty muffler installation. No receipts, nothing, just his word, and no evidence to support his story.

Comment

Working...
                    X