Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, the second the Sucktomer got condescending on me like that would have been the second my "unhelpful" switch got flicked.

"I'm disinclined to continue this discussion with you further and I heartily invite you to take your business elsewhere, good day, sir, I said GOOD DAY."
    PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Quoth iradney View Post
      I wish people would understand "It's against policy". But then again, this site wouldn't exist...
      Oh pish. Policies are just for nice people who follow policies.
      Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
        Oh pish. Policies are just for nice people who follow policies.
        I had one customer tell me once "You know what, no. It's not against policy, because someone else did it for me last time!"

This was toward using an employee discount without the discount card(or, for that matter, the employee) being physically present. We can't do it. IF a cashier knows for sure that the person IS an employee...then sure, we punch it in manually. I hadn't known this person, and the name she gave as the employee was someone who I could have sworn quit several weeks before, but I was fuzzy on that, she might have just been on leave or vacation or something...but still.

I don't know your face, you don't get an employee discount unless you can produce a card, you can spout the employee number all you want.

Comment

Sounds like all the people who get upset when we ask for their credit card when they check in. "But I gave that to you when I reserved". That's great, and if you want to actually pay for the room using it, then you need to hand me the card so I can swipe it to prove presense of the card.
          If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

It sounds like Psycho Bitch has bipolar disorder. Why has she been at your hotel for 2 weeks?

Comment

Any who is paying her way? Doesn't she acquire tenant protections after a certain time?
              I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
              -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

How about having the 3rd party payer book a room for the guest using the corporate online payment system? When I was working hotel if there was a payment problem on an online transaction, it was their headache, not ours.
                "Them boys ain't zombies! They're just stupid!"

Comment

You should have asked the guy if he had a fax machine. And when he answers no, you could throw the 2013 comment right back at him.
                  To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Quoth Silent-Hunter View Post
                    It sounds like Psycho Bitch has bipolar disorder. Why has she been at your hotel for 2 weeks?
                    Or she's just emotionally unstable. Bipolar mood swings are generally longer in duration.
                    The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

I wasn't aware of not being able to simply give the cc number over the phone either, but did i whine, scream or pitch a fit? Nope. My mom was driving up from VA to MD, and i was meeting her there, so she could then follow me back up to NJ (mom is in a wheelchair, and I wasn't comfortable with her making the longer drive alone). She was doing the same on the way back, and I was paying for the room for one of the two nights. Solved the problem by pre-paying for the second night, as we both were staying there on her way up. but had i not been present, I would have been ok with the fax authorization. I work in retail so I get how fraud can occur by simply taking someone's word for it, and cc number.

Comment

Working...
                      X