This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I guarantee none of you have heard this complaint before

So, as many of you know, we recently completely replaced our players club system. I today finally got a complaint that broke my brain... I could do nothing more but give a blank stare as I pictured a pop up window asking Retry, Abort, Cancel?

SC: I need a new card because you idiots changed them again.
    Me: Okay, I just need to see an ID and I can print you a new card that is compatible with our new readers.
    SC: Don't pull that crap on me, we all know that this is just about making new color cards.
    Me: Not really, the new readers use a different type of magnetic stripe, they simply cannot read any cards that were printed for the old readers.
    SC: Well, why the hell would you replace all your card readers?
    Me: Because our guests have been asking us to. The new readers are more reliable in recording play, update player accounts more quickly, allows point multipliers to be applied automatically instead of having to come to the desk to have them applied, and starting next week will allow free play to be downloaded directly to the machine instead of having to wait at the desk to get cash.
    SC: Well, you should stop doing that.
    Me: I'm sorry, stop doing what?
    SC: Listening to your guests, it only inconveniences us all and is bad guest service.
    Me: *literally speechless... retry, abort, cancel? retry, abort, cancel?*
    If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

I guess we should start with you, sir.

SC
    "...four of his five wits went halting off, and now is the whole man governed with one..." W. Shakespeare, Much Ado About Nothing Act I, Sc I

Do you like Shakespeare? Join us The Globe Theater!

Comment

Quoth smileyeagle1021 View Post
      SC: Listening to your guests, it only inconveniences us all and is bad guest service.
      Excellent idea, sir. I shall begin immediately.

Comment

I've had customers complain that it's terrible customer service to be routed through to speak with a customer service rep ("Why can't I get the automated system?!"), but this really takes the cake.
        Thank you for calling Card Services, how may I take your abuse today? ~Headset Hellion

Comment

I hate to tell you this, but I have heard similar complaints before. I was hoping your guarantee would bear itself out, as I love something new under the sun as much as the next guy, but working in the restaurant industry for as long as I have, I have heard variations on this for, quite literally, decades. Most often when it involves changes that have been made to the menu or the alcohol inventory. ("Why did you guy get rid of Purple Skunk Piss Beer? I love that!" No one else did, and you were the only one who ever bought it. "So?" Etc., etc., etc.)

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
          Still A Customer."

Comment

Wow. You can ignore his suggestion to ignore other peoples suggestions.

It's one of those very rare win-win scenarios where you actually CAN make everyone happy!
            You'll find a slight squeeze on the hooter an excellent safety precaution, Miss Scrumptious.

Comment

Quoth BroSCFischer View Post
              I guess we should start with you, sir.

SC
              Perfect!

Had something similar happen in the newspaper once. We put out a Second World War special, filled with stories from local people. An Outraged Reader came marching in to argue about one of the stories, claiming it to be totally inaccurate, and he then proceeded to tell me what really happened, ending with:

"You shouldn't just believe everything that anybody tells you!"

Me: "Well sir, on the basis of that argument, I can't automatically believe what you just told me, can I?"

OR: *sputter sputter sputter*

Comment

Quoth smileyeagle1021 View Post
                SC: Well, you should stop doing that.
                Me: *literally speechless... retry, abort, cancel? retry, abort, cancel?*
                Let me translate from SC'ish to english:
                SC: Listening to your other guests, it only inconveniences me us all and is bad guest service.

You see, the SC language has several implicit words and a few different definitions relative to english.
                Life: Reality TV for deities. - dalesys

Comment

I would have asked him if he wanted me to ignore him then lol.

Comment

"then quit your bitchin, cuz you're part of the problem."

Comment

I think my brain just broke. Oh wait, no, that's the thousands of brain cells dying because of the unbelievable amount of stupidity that I just read.

Comment

I agree whole heartedly with Jester on this one. Sometimes people get a really good one-track mind head of steam going and get into a "long term grove". AS in "WELL I LIKE this <whatever product or service> or <whatever procedure> and as LONG AS I LIKE IT and use it, it must be the greatest thing since slice bread and it should NEVER change."

Like at my pizza place. we still have people asking for specials that ended months ago, asking for products, items, or special products (month long one shots) that we have literally not had in YEARS and wondering why their order total is "SSOOOOOO MUCH".
                        I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
                        -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Oh hell. Back in college my favorite pizza place (conveniently located across the street from the college radio station) at one point stopped selling orange soda. I asked the owner, who I knew, and she laughed, looked me right in the eye, and said, "Because you were the only one that ever bought it." Couldn't really argue with that!

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                          Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Halo_miles View Post
                            that's the thousands of brain cells dying because of the unbelievable amount of stupidity that I just read.
                            "...as if thousands of voices suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced."

SC
                            "...four of his five wits went halting off, and now is the whole man governed with one..." W. Shakespeare, Much Ado About Nothing Act I, Sc I

Do you like Shakespeare? Join us The Globe Theater!

Comment

Quoth Halo_miles View Post
                              I think my brain just broke. Oh wait, no, that's the thousands of brain cells dying because of the unbelievable amount of stupidity that I just read.
                              I get what you mean. My brain is desperately trying to reboot here. Yeesh!
                              Some people just need a high five...

In the face with the back of a chair....

Comment

Working...
                              X