This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• where's my bloody ketchup?!

nothing to do with a restaurant...honest...

I run a small online store, and this month has been VERY good....12 orders, some quite pricey (thank you to the two CS.com members for that too, you know who you are ).

Last night however I receive a rather large expensive order. Being that large and having had trouble with items being discontinued or out of stock and my distributor not sending me the weekly updates, I went and placed the order immediately so that if there WAS a problem I could pop off an email tonight for the customer to read and deal with in the morning.

No problems placing the order, get all the paperwork processed, and get the order paid for.

This morning I wake up to an email from said customer saying he wants to cancel the order....no other reason given.
    It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of the coffee bean that thoughts acquire 'tude, the lips acquire mouthiness, the glares become a warning.

Quoth Sarlon View Post
    This morning I wake up to an email from said customer saying he wants to cancel the order....no other reason given.
    Have you already got the money by chance? Because then saying 'no' is a very real option for you...
    Last edited by Dave1982; 05-28-2013, 02:32 PM. Reason: there was no need to quote the ntire post. We just read it.
    Life: Reality TV for deities. - dalesys

Comment

money was in my account almost before I received notice that I had a new order.

I wanna hear the explanation of why he wants to cancel before I cancel the order...otherwise the order is already placed.

And for the record we're talking a $234 order...not small change.
      It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of the coffee bean that thoughts acquire 'tude, the lips acquire mouthiness, the glares become a warning.

Comment

Quoth Sarlon View Post
        money was in my account almost before I received notice that I had a new order.

I wanna hear the explanation of why he wants to cancel before I cancel the order...otherwise the order is already placed.

And for the record we're talking a $234 order...not small change.
        Well, that's good. I wonder what his excuse is going to be...I'm betting it won't make a lick of sense.
        Life: Reality TV for deities. - dalesys

Comment

ok, its not a cancelation, its a reorder. He ordered the wrong sizes and wrong colors...

So I'm going to give store credit, and he will either get a partial refund (if the new amount is less) or owe me more money if the order is more then the previous amount.

Comment

I'm ashamed of my mother...

I was telling her about this customer today while having lunch with her...

and she says "well you should go ahead and do it....the customer is always right"

good news is that the customer was very understanding, he actually wanted to change the order and thought the only way was to cancel it, get a refund and place a new order.

well he did kinda have to do that, but we got it all straightened out...and in the end got a larger order then he originally ordered!

Comment

Grats! Alls well that ends well.

Point your mom to this site. We'll straighten her out

Comment

Quoth Grendus View Post
                Point your mom to this site. We'll straighten her out
                Better yet, suggest she try working in customer service. The customers themselves will soon change her mind.
                I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                My LiveJournal
                A page we can all agree with!

Comment

mom worked in a level of hell one time...(several years actually)...

this is WAY back in the day before computers.....

she worked airline help line...on Christmas eve and Christmas day.

Comment

Quoth Sarlon View Post
                    mom worked in a level of hell one time...(several years actually)...

this is WAY back in the day before computers.....

she worked airline help line...on Christmas eve and Christmas day.
                    Oh dear god. I can't even begin to imagine!

Comment

Ref: Title.

"I'm sorry maamsir, but since we've changed to stocking ketchup in modern 2 liter foil pouches (opened with safety scissors) replacing the archaic gallon cans (opened with a meat cleaver) we can no longer supply your requested product."
                      I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                      Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                      Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Working...
                      X