This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth sms001 View Post
    Gosh, haven't read Callahan's in ages. May have to dig up some ebook versions.
    Baen has some Spider Robinson
    EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Quoth AccountingDrone View Post
      Baen has some Spider Robinson
      Thanks AD, but I focused my inner orangutan and actually found my deadtree versions in the Tower of Book Boxes within three tries.

Comment

Quoth sirwired View Post
        There should be a special place in hell reserved for those that steal stop signs. Street signs? A mostly harmless (if expensive) annoying crime. Stop signs? People get killed when those are missing.
        I used to work at a place that was on a quiet side street. There was a popular walking/biking trail that crossed this street, with stop signs on both sides.

One day, some drunk jackass plows full on into it, tearing it out of the ground and sending it into the bushes beside the trail. It took the public works department about 3 days before they got around to replacing it.

Here's the really sucky part: For those 3 days, every car to go through there did so at full tilt, not even slowing. "Hey the signs gone, guess we dont have to stop for pedestrians anymore, floor it!."
        As I said, it was a mostly quiet street. All of those people zooming through were people who lived and/or worked on that street and knew damned well the trail was there.
        Aliterate : A person who is capable of reading but unwilling to do so.

"A man who does not read has no advantage over a man who cannot" - Mark Twain

Comment

Quoth Pixilated View Post
          I agree, but unless Argabarga could get around Mr. "We'll Only Be A Few Minutes!", he was stuck with either trying to use logic ... or run over him.
          I vote for running him over.

Yes, I'm evil. What's your point?

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
          Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Argabarga View Post
            I must've hooked him as he was coming down the stairs, because he was pounding on the door up front before I had even finished unloading his car in the impound yard.
            This is beyond my powers of comprehension. He was clearly able to get from the "scene of the crime" to the impound yard almost as quickly as you did, but you were driving and he was (presumably, since you HAD HIS CAR) on foot. How did he manage that?
            Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Likely hitched a ride from the friend he was there to "temporarily and just for a second" visit
              - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

Quoth Argabarga View Post
                Why do I miss all the good parts?
                Don't think of those unheard parts as missed parts; think of them as something like those expanses of white space in traditional Chinese paintings.

Comment

Working...
                X