Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Meanwhile, I'm kind of addicted to broccoli.
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Quoth Pixilated View Post
      I hate it cooked, but raw, with Ranch dressing ... yum!
      That's a horrible thing to do to Ranch dressing. Contaminating it by touching it with that vile weed.
      PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Quoth Pixilated View Post
        I hate it cooked, but raw, with Ranch dressing ... yum!
        Funny, I'm the opposite.

Comment

Cooked with ranch dressing??
          "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
            *snip*

And the "charity" guy?

Scammer: Yeah, I wanna tell your paper about this pub that won't support charities! I'm famous for running a charity race and they didn't give me free food & drinks! You need to do an exposé!"
            Reporter: Uh-huh...uh-huh...we'll get right on that [hangs up and goes back to working on something that's actually important].
            When I was still at that little weekly paper, an incident like that would've been good for rude jokes for a week.

Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post
            That's a horrible thing to do to Ranch dressing. Contaminating it by touching it with that vile weed.
            I'm now condemned to the back 40, aren't I ...

Comment

Haha, oh god. Each and every one of your stories had me just amazed. I know I should be well used to it by now, but I can't help it - I still get thrown for six each time I read about fuck-knuckles like each of those SCs.

Comment

Quoth customersruinmylife View Post
                SC: What is this? What is it? Why is it in my meal? It’s disgusting!! It’s ruined the meal!! What is it?!
                Me: It’s broccoli.
                SC: What is it??
                Me: It’s a vegetable.
                Now, I'm not exactly sure why, but I'm picturing an adult, overweight, Stewie Griffin.

And for the record, I agree with Pixilated on the broccoli issue.

SC
                "...four of his five wits went halting off, and now is the whole man governed with one..." W. Shakespeare, Much Ado About Nothing Act I, Sc I

Do you like Shakespeare? Join us The Globe Theater!

Comment

So . . . is there a chance you could have your cooks prepared the next time someone whines about their food in the same manner? Something to the effect of them either rushing from the kitchen with a blunt cooking utensil, beating the food in question whilst screaming about defeating the vile food from hell; or perhaps them running out the kitchen with a meat cleaver and/or large knife, screaming they'll carve up said bastard. I'm not sure the second option would go over too well, just in case the local authorities show up, but some people need the wits scared into them.

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post
                    Is it bad that this made me think of the Dead Parrot sketch?
                    I was thinking about the Argument Clinic myself.

A: Look, if I argue with you, I must take up a contrary position.
                    M: Yes, but that's not just saying 'No it isn't.'
                    A: Yes it is!
                    M: No it isn't!
                    A: Yes it is!
                    M: Argument is an intellectual process. Contradiction is just the automatic gainsaying of any statement the other person makes.
                    A: No it isn't.
                    M: It is.
                    A: Not at all.

(snip)

M: Oh I've had enough of this.
                    A: No you haven't.
                    M: Oh shut up.
                    Oh, and for the record, I do like broccoli, but even if I didn't, I'm quite sure I'd at least know what the fraq it is.

Comment

vile weed.
                      Incorrect, sir. The appropriate terminology is evil trees.

(For the record, I love broccoli, but can't stand cauliflower.
                      "If your day is filled with firefighting, you need to start taking the matches away from the toddlers…” - HM

Comment

Quoth Crossbow View Post
                        Incorrect, sir. The appropriate terminology is evil trees.

(For the record, I love broccoli, but can't stand cauliflower.
                        I was quoting this:

Newman hates Broccoli.
                        PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

I was quoting this:

Newman hates Broccoli.
                          Ah. Wouldn't have recognized it. Never watched Seinfeld.
                          "If your day is filled with firefighting, you need to start taking the matches away from the toddlers…” - HM

Comment

Quoth Teskeria View Post
                            broccoli is nasty horrid bitter disgusting stuff.
                            Same here...Aaaand the same for many other veggies. Doesn't stop me from encouraging my young nieces (et al) to try it ^_^
                            "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                            "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                            "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                            "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                            "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                            "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                            Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                            "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth customersruinmylife View Post
                              SC: And that is why you’re going to lose my custom!
                              Good riddance.

Comment

There's no such thing as normal.

And yes, pubs attract the weirdos. And the not-so-weirdos. And the really weirdos. They'd attract the ones waaaaay down at the far end of the weirdo bell curve, but they're usually in a nice padded room with a tight jacket hugging them close and aren't allowed to have papers with corners on them.
                                They are obviously not locking up enough of them.

Comment

Working...
                                X